Suggestion: Summer Time/DST Announcement

Got a suggestion for the site, or got some feedback? Feel free to post it right here.
firealarmveteran15
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Suggestion: Summer Time/DST Announcement

Post by firealarmveteran15 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:28 am

Is it just me, or does anyone here not realize that you have to (manually) change the Summer Time/DST setting found under User Control Panel->Board Preferences->Edit global settings whenever DST begins or ends (for those that observe DST)?

I ask this because in the past, I had a tendency to forget to change that setting (I didn't forget this time, though), and it probably took about a few weeks (maybe even a month) to even realize that I was supposed to change that setting.

MrNerd
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Re: Suggestion: Summer Time/DST Announcement

Post by MrNerd » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:43 am

frankalarms39 wrote:Is it just me, or does anyone here not realize that you have to (manually) change the Summer Time/DST setting found under User Control Panel->Board Preferences->Edit global settings whenever DST begins or ends (for those that observe DST)?

I ask this because in the past, I had a tendency to forget to change that setting (I didn't forget this time, though), and it probably took about a few weeks (maybe even a month) to even realize that I was supposed to change that setting.

Who cares what time something gets posted here?
Saftey Moderator

Jack
YouTube Username: FireAlarmCollector

Re: Suggestion: Summer Time/DST Announcement

Post by Jack » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:27 pm

The time right now is actually correct within 2 minutes for me.
Jack Kirkpatrick - Moderator
Reseller, Collector
ShopFireAlarms Website
FireAlarmCollector Site
FireAlarmCollector Youtube