Suggestion: Fire extinguisher section

I was just wondering, since a few people are actually interested in fire extinguisher collecting (Modern or not) maybe its a possibility that a fire extinguisher section could be made. This can also make other people interested as well and grow bigger like the fire alarm community. What do you think about this?

Petition topic started. As usual, I’ll leave this to the community to discuss before I weigh in my opinion.

Sounds like a good idea although this forum was primarily for fire alarms and other alarms, so…

I suppose it could work, though I don’t have a collection and the only old extinguisher I have access to is a yellow dry chemical unit by Sears, manufactured in the 80’s, I guess, which is still perfectly pressurized and residing in my father’s basement.

How about a catch-all “Fire extinguishers, sprinklers, and suppression equipment” section. I know nothing about them, but I’d be interested to see what other users have to share.

You’ve got my vote :smiley:

It’s not a bad idea to make a "fire equipment’ section that includes Fire extinguishers, sprinklers, and suppression equipment. It would be great to see hoe people will incorporate this into “The Fire Panel”.

Ps: It would be a great way to grow a new community. Also, its very hard to find topics on the web about fire extinguishers and collections of them.

Gman keeps referencing a giant community that will arise if this forum is created. How do we even know there are other people out there who really care fire extinguishers?

This is a cool idea, but I doubt anyone will be interested.

I’m not talking about a giant community but I know many straglers around the Internet that collect them. Ofcource you may think that people won’t be interested but if you think about it, their really isn’t a solid ground on the Internet where people can trend on with fire extinguishers. I’m sure people would like this section because, come on, who’s not going to like to learn how to refill and reuse a fire extinguisher for fun.

Ps: it’s a great place where people can learn and talk about their experiences.

We’ve got a poll going this week where you can vote whether or not you want the section.

<URL url="(Official) Fire Extinguisher Section text=“viewtopic.php?f=20&t=6535”>(Official) Fire Extinguisher Section

Sounds like a cool idea. I work for a sprinkler company and could help educate anyone who wants to know something about suppression systems. I’ve also got a collection of almost 1,500 heads.