Help Identifying Siren

Talk about emergency broadcast systems, weather radios, warning sirens, and other means of notification of weather-related emergencies.
jm2014
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:59 pm

Help Identifying Siren

Postby jm2014 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:44 am

I sometimes hear sirens going off around my house. I can't put my finger on the model nor' have I seen any sirens while driving around the area?


User avatar
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
Posts: 26
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2016 11:50 am
Location: Northern France
Contact:

Re: Help Identifying Siren

Postby Alexis_T » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:06 pm

Judging from the sound (12-port siren), I'm going to say it's a Federal STH-10 or a Model 5/7, possibly a 2001-series sirens (although they tend to go higher in pitch)

EDIT: Given it sounds like the siren is rotating, this might be a 2001 siren of some sort (Be it -DC, -SRN, -SRNB or 130) or maybe a Federal 500 siren (they existed in 12, 10:12 and 9:12 port configuration)
Hello from France!
If you see someone with my real name (Alexis Trinquet) without the uppercase A and T commenting on any of your videos please just ignore them.
Devices in my collection: 2 (Ademco 623-12, older Legrand MCP)

firefreak57
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
Posts: 549
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:02 pm
YouTube Username: firefreak57
Location: Ohio

Re: Help Identifying Siren

Postby firefreak57 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:56 pm

jm2014 wrote:I sometimes hear sirens going off around my house. I can't put my finger on the model nor' have I seen any sirens while driving around the area?



Federal Signal 2001-SRN (either in the DC or SRN livery) even though the model was the same. Lower pitch indicates primary DC operation. There’s a small chance it could be an STH-10, but those are generally high pitched. Judging on the research I’ve done and the fact I’m into sirens myself, I’d put my money on it being either of the two.
The official account of firefreak57!
Proud Owner of a Simplex 4004 Fire Alarm System
My YouTube Channel

User avatar
SSmassWKmt
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:24 pm
YouTube Username: Siren Freak

Re: Help Identifying Siren

Postby SSmassWKmt » Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:08 am

I'm pretty sure what you're hearing is this Model 7 in Tulleytown, PA. https://www.google.com/maps/place/100+B ... 9047?hl=en
Just livin' the life.

jm2014
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:59 pm

Re: Help Identifying Siren

Postby jm2014 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:07 pm

SSmassWKmt wrote:I'm pretty sure what you're hearing is this Model 7 in Tulleytown, PA. https://www.google.com/maps/place/100+B ... 9047?hl=en

You're most likely right! Based on google maps it's in the same direction as to where I heard it coming from. The recording sounds very similar to other model 7's on YouTube. I just thought it'd be a little closer but that's only about 5 miles from my house. I assume you live in the area? Thanks for the info though!

User avatar
SSmassWKmt
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:24 pm
YouTube Username: Siren Freak

Re: Help Identifying Siren

Postby SSmassWKmt » Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:50 am

jm2014 wrote:
SSmassWKmt wrote:I'm pretty sure what you're hearing is this Model 7 in Tulleytown, PA. https://www.google.com/maps/place/100+B ... 9047?hl=en

You're most likely right! Based on google maps it's in the same direction as to where I heard it coming from. The recording sounds very similar to other model 7's on YouTube. I just thought it'd be a little closer but that's only about 5 miles from my house. I assume you live in the area? Thanks for the info though!

Naa I live in Utah. When it comes to sirens I can provide some info.
Just livin' the life.


Return to “Emergency Warning Systems”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests