Who Remembers the 11/09/2011 EAS Fail

Who remembers it?

• Me
  • Not me
  • I missed it
0 voters

I don’t, but this video sure shows it.

Pretty bad fail, huh?

What’s up with all of these (mostly pointless) polls?

I do in fact remember the national EAS fail. I was in middle school at the time, and we heard it on the radio. However, I heard other stations did not receive the alert.

I wonder if the Emergency Alert System will be phased out someday by digital technology like computers and SMS messaging.

Unfortunately no, people who don’t have that stuff need to still hear information in a emergency. I doubt in the next 20-30 years that it will be completely replaced, more like updated. I know for some reason one day I got the alert tone on my iPhone, my mom got it on her Samsung. Something about an amber alert… I wonder how much you have to pay for that to go to peoples phones, usually amber alerts aren’t broadcast over the EAS. They just say it in the news or if it’s local we get texts.

I missed it, but I caught this one today!

Please try not to bump old topics. In this case, the last post was made over a year ago.

Thanks!

[quote] P9. Try not to bump old topics unless you have something meaningful or useful to say. Exceptions can be made for the topic's OP (original poster). [/quote]