Help Identifying Siren

I sometimes hear sirens going off around my house. I can’t put my finger on the model nor’ have I seen any sirens while driving around the area?

Judging from the sound (12-port siren), I’m going to say it’s a Federal STH-10 or a Model 5/7, possibly a 2001-series sirens (although they tend to go higher in pitch)

EDIT: Given it sounds like the siren is rotating, this might be a 2001 siren of some sort (Be it -DC, -SRN, -SRNB or 130) or maybe a Federal 500 siren (they existed in 12, 10:12 and 9:12 port configuration)

1 Like

Federal Signal 2001-SRN (either in the DC or SRN livery) even though the model was the same. Lower pitch indicates primary DC operation. There’s a small chance it could be an STH-10, but those are generally high pitched. Judging on the research I’ve done and the fact I’m into sirens myself, I’d put my money on it being either of the two.

I’m pretty sure what you’re hearing is this Model 7 in Tulleytown, PA. Google Maps

You’re most likely right! Based on google maps it’s in the same direction as to where I heard it coming from. The recording sounds very similar to other model 7’s on YouTube. I just thought it’d be a little closer but that’s only about 5 miles from my house. I assume you live in the area? Thanks for the info though!

Naa I live in Utah. When it comes to sirens I can provide some info.