New Addressable System

I will upload a system test later today.

Wow!!! That is a nice system.

Thanks!! It was VERY hard to install! 1/2" conduit is a tad too small for all of my wires, so I had to push the wires through every individual piece.

I could imagine mainly because you spliced the wires at every junction box also what Annunciator are you going to use.

Fire-Lite ANN-80

Actually, getting the conduit bent was probably the hardest part. It has to be bent almost perfectly to connect to everything. Getting all of the wires through was also hard, because I didn’t use fishing tape.

Ah why didn’t you use fishing tape?

I didn’t think I would need it, because the runs were too short. Although, I didn’t need it, I sent too many wires through the pipes, so that made it difficult to push the wires through without nicking any of the insulation.

I am supposed to, by code, only send a certain amount of wires through the pipe, to prevent them from overheating. Although I did send the correct amount of wires through, they have a jacket wrapped around every two wires, so it added extra width, making it a little tight. It is still loose enough to be pushed through a straight pipe with ease, but when I have to use a coupler, and send it through a turn, it gets very tricky. Anyway, there won’t be much power going through any of them, it is a small system.

Your system is up to code

The test finally finished uploading!!

Well, excluding the parts with the duct tape.

Wow liked the system test

Thanks! I remember when Jake from “The Forums That Shall Not Be Mentioned” said that I couldn’t install conduit. In his face, lol!

Haha I’m working on getting my system up to code but it first starts by getting a panel.

lol, it sounds funny when you say it that way. What panel are you thinking about getting?

A fire-lite panel with LCD it could be conventional or addressable

I would prefer the Fire-Lite MS-9050UD, it is the cheapest panel with a LCD, and requires less wiring, BUT, the addressable devices are more expensive, and you are less likely to find good deals on eBay, vs a MS-5UD, or a MS-10UD.

Ya it would probably be a ms10ud

Are you going to expand the system at all? Btw, if you use conduit, I would recommend flexible conduit, not EMT. It is a little bit more expensive, but it will not be as hard or time consuming to install.

Hopefully yes but still undecided

I really like the system although I do wish that they were electric horns! LOL. That would make it so much more cooler. But I like the system.