System Test 50

Hope everybody enjoys it! :smiley:

You had some very nice devices in that test! I had no idea Edwards made BG-10s. I didn’t know they were related to Honeywell at all.

Why did the system go back into alarm during the BG-10 reset? I thought it wasn’t supposed to go back into alarm unless the system was already reset.

I also have a rebranded EST System Sensor smoke detector. It appears as though EST and System Sensor did have some sort of rebranding agreement at one time…

Also, while I was resetting the BG-10, I accidentally stopped applying pressure to it while screwing back in the hex screw, and I had it screwed in just enough so that the pull station wouldn’t fly open, but not enough to prevent the switch from reactivating.

I’m confused, I thought most fire alarm panels were latching. With my MS-2, whenever the zone is in alarm, I can press the switch as many times I like, and it won’t go back into alarm.

All of my Honeywell panels are also like that. But with Simplex panels, the zones don’t latch and can be re-alarmed.

I didn’t know that. Does that go with all Simplex panels? Even addressable?

First time in 9 years that I’ve seen a vertical Wheelock AS. Except the one at my elementary school was red and it did code-3 (I’m assuming they started making them code-3 before they switched over to horizontal AS’s).

Yes, they should have made AS’s with vertical strobes do code 3, as the Wheelock MT’s with the vertical strobes do code 3.

They did, but it was close to the end.

nicely done!

My 4001 didnt do that…