New to the site!

I wanted to show the collection of Edwards smoke detectors and these unknown strobe/sirens… we had a young kid pull one of the pull stations so I just put the covers on them today, the original alarm just of been from the late 60’s but it was updated around '94ish given the paperwork I’ve seen here

The thing I found out was the main area has a voice evac with the strobes which I was not expecting… I would do a siren test but I would have to call the monitoring station and let them know I’m doing a test.

Anyways main area has optical beam detectors they are 103 Ft apart from each other and two on each side for a total of 4 in the main area.

The pull station that got pulled

End Of Line

control panel and dialer

Annunciator panel

optical smoke detector

controls for it

Bad smoke detector

New stoppers

I will let a mod welcome you

Welcome, please read the rules Here
You posted in the wrong section, good stuff though :wink:

I don’t understand?

Are those stoppers with beepers?

No I got them without because it’s not a very high traffic area.

Oh ok

I thought this was your collection :roll: Oops. Never mind, your ok. :wink:

I was not sure if I posted it in the right section or not… anyways I maintain the system… my collection at home is just a single strobe and a new to be defective smoke detector lol

Being I’m listed as one of the contacts I’m sure I can be able to do a siren test…

One thing is they have a strobe/siren mounted outside and the sun has pretty much caused the whole strobe to become clouded over… I don’t think I’ve ever seen a strobe/siren combo like that for outdoor.

Are you in Canada?

No U.S.

That system looked Canadian-ish

I looked at this site last night and I can see how you can say that since it seems like Canadian systems favor Edwards stuff.

You still welcomed him…

Not how a Mod/Admin does.

Again derailing hos topic…

What type of beam detectors are those? I have never seen one with a Annunciator style thing.

Holy crap… I was on the phone with a friend who did fire system inspections for many years and we talked for almost an hour and I was telling him about the system and the optical beam detectors and he was telling me about the trouble alarms and stuff like that…

You would not believe I walked in this morning and I hear a very faint beeeeeeeepppp sound… so I walk around and it gets louder and louder… and I see it’s a trouble code for the system on the fire alarm side… so OK… I go and look at the beam detector status and it’s the one in trouble… I assume it’s because the build up of dust the ceiling is 27 ft in the area where the receiver is

the Beam detectors are DS240R and DS240T

Can you clean them? I do think if you completely block it,it go into alarm.Wait for someone to verify it :!:

It’s almost 20 ft off the floor!

I had a little search and while the former church left they kept good records of EVERYTHING!

Turns out the same beam detector had to be aligned back in 2009 not sure why it’s just one side… but on the receiver the yellow light is solid while the green light blinks so it means it’s blocked by a solid object or lost alignment…

They will be here tomorrow, if they came today it would be after hours rate but I assume they will test with the card filters? I have a bunch of those.

It sucks it’s not the type where the transmitter and receiver are on the same unit.

The area where it at has a room door but that is also about 17 ft off the floor… just think of it as a door that’s way above your head but can’t reach :stuck_out_tongue:

btw if you completely block it they will go into trouble.

So it uses the refection of the smoke?

scissor lift?

Were are you!!! It’s only 11:52am in UMT…

It it’s IR so you put this in front of the receiver which I forgot what the sensitivity level is but the distance between the two is 103 Ft. so I think it’s 20% (it has a few cards) that have to sound the alarm within a few seconds of holding the card up in front of the receiver.

scissor lift is OK but the area has a door behind where the receivers are, trying to get a ladder but I guess it’s not in the budget right now… OK let the service bills keep coming in… That’s how I see it

I live in Connecticut it’s 2:04 PM however when typing this the alarm company called me and told me they are going to send a person out… I was not sure he was going to call back (waited 20 min) so I ended up calling the people who handle the fire side and they are the people who said will be here tomorrow…

It should not take too long for him to get here… maybe an hour or so.

MIKECL: Please be forewarned that lilrags16 has no professional nor certified experience dealing with fire alarm systems.