WBS Fire Alarm Pictures

Here are some of the fire alarm devices at the school I attended for most of my life. The system is a Simplex 4002.

This is a Potter PBA-10-24 bell. The logo appears to be heavily faded.

This is at the northeast corner of the school, right by the main entrance. On the left, there is an Atlas-Sound outdoor speaker, which was also used for our school bell. For the longest time, I thought the outdoor fire bells were Simplex 2901-9333s, but…

I was wrong! In case you can’t read the rather blurry picture, it is a Simplex 2901-9712 bell! These bells are still sold in Canada by SimplexGrinnell, and, according to MountainBell9845’s 2901-series dictionary, they are basically the polarized twins of the -9333 bells.

Another bell/speaker combo near the blacktop. FUN FACT: The classroom on the left was my Grade 1 classroom, and the classroom on the right was my Kindergarten classroom!

Here is a picture of a Simplex FM950E that I took through a window.

Bell/Speaker combo on the daycare section of the school.

And finally, the Simplex 4602-series RCU/SCU annunciator set-up at the west entrance to the school.

Thanks for the nice alarm pictures! I love old systems like that!

“Polarized twin”? Aren’t most fire alarm signals polarized?

You would be correct. This was posted over a year ago, when I didn’t know as much about alarms. It’s more like the Canadian variant.