Share your Demonstration System

Here’s a place for us to share the the fire alarm Demonstration Systems we have built and explain how they operate. I’ll start this one off.

[attachment=0]kcin556 System.JPG[/attachment]

My system is divided across two boards: the right board, and the left board. The right board contains the SXL-EX and the typical fire alarm system, in addition to the DMP XR-500 Security Panel. The left board contains the Ansul AutoPulse 2000 Halon System, as well as the equipment monitoring modules (Radionics POPITs) for the DMP system in the enclosure at the bottom.

The SXL-EX operates just as a normal fire alarm system, monitoring the two pull stations, heat/smoke detector, and the Halon System.

The DMP XR-500 monitors the SXL-EX and Ansul 2000 for Alarm and Trouble conditions. In addition, it monitors a motion detector, as well as POPIT monitoring modules for the equipment it was connected to in its former location (Centravac chiller, test cell water level, pump pressure, etc.) The blank cover above the Halon pull station is the future location of a second keypad, I just need to get a back-plate for it. This was removed from a building as a partially complete system (It is complete itself, but the building had 4 independent systems tied together).

The Ansul AutoPulse 2000 Halon System is isolated to it’s own components, other than the monitoring connections. Like the DMP, this was also removed as a complete system from the same location and electrically configured as it was originally installed. I have the drafts and blueprints from the original installation to reference.

Hope you guys enjoyed, I’m looking forward to seeing the systems you have built!

Hey, that is a pretty cool set up that you have there. It looks well done!!!
This is one of my display systems, Fire-Lite MS-2 with Gamewell shunt type masterbox

This is the Fire-Lite MS-2 in alarm condition

Here’s another photo in alarm condition

Here is my Fire-Lite Miniscan 4012 with attached Gamewell local energy masterbox #333 this is a relatively new addition

This is my home fire alarm system. It is an MS-4 again with an attached Gamewell local energy masterbox #1413. I have a Fire-Lite 4XTMF card to trip the local energy municipal box. The panel also has an attached phone dialer to call both me and my wife if it goes into alarm.
Zones are as follows:
Zone 1 basement, smokes and pulls
Zone 2 first floor heats, smokes, and pulls
Zone 3 attic heats (2) 194F heats
Zone 4 basement carbon monoxide