Netscape128s Fire Alarm Finds

Howdy.
The other day I went to a Big Lots to see what they had for my dorm, and I found an older System 500 tied to an MS-5024, most likely to act as a communicator. The pulls were NBG-10s and the signals were Gentex SHG’s.

On an unrelated note, did Gentex ever make a horn-only version of the SHG? They did that with the GMH but I’ve never seen a horn-only SHG.

The MS-5024 is most likely being used as a communicator. It’s overkill really though. a UDACT or a 411UD is all you really need with this panel.

Yes, Gentex did make a horn only SHG… it’s called an HG.

So today I visited the San Antonio Fire Museum and saw some cool stuff.

Yes, the street box was disconnected, so nothing happened. I really want one!

So today in the Student Union I came across an interesting little piece. It’s a cover that would fit over BNG-1R pull stations, I believe, to effectively make them dual-action.

2 Likes

Geez, how many BNG-1 variants are there?

It’s not really another variant, just more of an accessory that is added to a normal BNG-1.

There was a listing with about 20 of these on eBay about 2 years ago. They were all sold to one user in a bulk best offer before I could get one, unfortunately. A few more have appeared since but always overpriced.

Sort of a bump, but here’s a few finds from a few days ago.
A few of the older buildings here, like Engineering South, have Fire-Lite Sensiscan 1000s with older Notifier BNG-1R pulls. They could be BRG-1Rs with break rods, but from the outside I don’t think you can tell. Most of the buildings here have newer BNG-1R pull stations, even my dorm which as you know is a Simplex 4100ES system. I think the university has a lot of NOS pulls that they just keep using.

Here’s another interesting find.

I think I may have talked about this little setup before, but here’s three BNG-1s right next to each other! If you can’t read the labels over them, the one on the left says “Kerr Hall”, the one in the middle says "Mezzanine’ and the one on the right says “Drummond Hall”. This was taken in the mezzanine between Kerr and Drummond, two twin dorm buildings with a front desk, computer lab, and stores and restaurants in between. I guess what you would do was call in the front desk if there was a fire, then they’d pull that particular alarm to sound the alarm in that part of the facility. There’s a 9200UDLS at the left of that desk, on the wall in front of the convenience store, which likely covers only the mezzanine.
Kerr-Drummond was slated to be torn down last year, but I do believe they’re going to tear it down shortly after this semester ends, because the dorm complex I live in is supposed to replace it. Hopefully I’ll be able to get some of the devices pulled for me so I can have more addressable devices for my 9050UD.

Bumping again, but for good reason!
Has anyone ever seen these “CWSI” pulls? According to their website, their specialty is wireless systems! This is the first time I’ve ever seen a wireless fire alarm in the field.

Wow that seems really cool! I just love how that pull station looks!

Wow. I have one of those notifier dual-action covers. There pretty rare too