Fahrenheit 4051's Media

I’m going to start taking photos of interesting alarm-related stuff, so I figured I’d make my own media thread. But I thought I’d start off with a demo of my rare Space Age horn/strobe.

Signals from my college:

• Faraday 6120 + Simplex 2903-9101

• Space Age Electronics AV-34 horn/strobe. This is the one at the beginning of my “Another Fire Alarm!” video.

• System Sensor SCW SpectrAlert Advance strobe

From a local hospital:

• Simplex 2904

• Simplex TrueAlarm with a slightly different head.

• Simplex 2901-9833 + 2903 in the parking garage.

Inside Johnny Rocket’s at Six Flags New England:

• Simplex QuickAlert.

• Simplex addressable T-bar, probably a 4099. The panel was a Simplex 4010, but I didn’t take a photo because I didn’t want to look suspicious.

Just took more photos of the college’s system today.

The 4100ES in the newest wing of the building.

While the first addition has dual-action T-Bars, this wing has single-action ones behind Stopper II covers.

Here’s a better-quality photo of those weird upside-down TrueAlert speaker/strobes.

Two bells. The bigger one is obviously a sprinkler bell, but I’m not sure what the small one is for. I don’t remember ever hearing them during fire drills, and since we haven’t held one in years, I’ll probably never know for sure.

A surface-mounted AV-34. Nice job, Autocall.

An Autocall 4050-001.

Yeah don’t want to look suspicious, you will be the first accused if something happens and they saw you doing that earlier. I told one of my old principals that I liked Fire Alarms. Every time their was a false one I would be rushed to the Front Office and would get questioned by the Principal. :shock:

The thought crossed my mind. I did get a bit worried, because the system was having some issues today.

If somebody in charge says something, I’ll stop. Until then, I’ll take photos all I want. It’s a public building, not a top-secret Swedish prison camp on a remote island in the middle of the Arctic Ocean. :wink:

Sorry that happened to you, though. That’s not fair.

You should be fine. I say continue it! If they do say something just say your an enthusiast of theses kinda things and your not an obsessed idiot. :wink: Only reason it happened is my former principal was known to be a stiff d**k. He no longer works for the school board, I hear he is in the military now. :lol:

The bigger one is the mechanical water motor gong. Don’t stand under it when it’s ringing, you’ll get wet! The smaller one is an electric bell, probably 120VAC, and wired directly to the water flow switch, no direct connection to the FACP. It will only go off when there is water flowing through the sprinkler system. A lot of times those old mechanical water motor gongs get clogged up or just don’t work. You will fix them only to have it fail again in a year or so. Less expensive to just wire in an electric bell and disconnect the old WMG. And not uncommon for them to be abandoned in place.

Thanks for the info. I’ve been wondering about those bells for a long time.

It would be interesting to see on of those water gongs at work. Time to go search up the good internet! :smiley:

I wish I had taken a video of the time we tested one for work. Nice and loud, and water comes pouring out of that drain below it.

Heck yeah! That would have been interesting to see! If you ever test one at work again, video or pictures would be much appreciated. :slight_smile:

Alright, here’s a few more photos.

A small Simplex 2001, located inside a library. 6 zones, a city tie module, and what is apparently a “Dual Speaker Control Module” - though I didn’t see any speakers.

A 2901-9833/2903 audiovisual unit. The panel has no march time card, so I’m hoping these are strobes.

A 2901-9806 (B2) on the exterior of the building.

The pull stations are 4251-20’s behind Stoppers, but I didn’t take any photos because: 1. They’re ubiquitous. 2. The librarians would probably look at me like I’m crazy.

And, from the exterior of a bank, here’s a weatherproof TrueAlert. This is the first time I’ve seen one of these in-person.

Those “triangle lens” strobes were available with incandescent lamps (24V or 120V) or with xenon strobe boards (24VDC or 120VAC).

The 2001 Repack was usually supplied with dual signal circuit modules (2001-2076) to save module slots. The dual speaker circuit module (2001-6009) were built on the same blank circuit board. The speaker module has some additional circuitry for audio applications that was not needed for DC signals.

It has been many years since any 2001 boards were manufactured or repaired. Many are getting scarce, so repairs have to be made with what is available. Probably there was a failure of the signal module (-2076) and the only replacement available at the time was the speaker module (-6009). The additional circuitry on the speaker module would not effect operation of DC signals. The speaker module (-6009) could be substituted for the signal module (-2076). However, the signal module (-2076) could not be substituted for the speaker module (-6009).

So, what does the speaker module have that the normal dual signal circuit doesn’t? It doesn’t have a tone generator, does it?

Also, I have both the light and the strobe version of that signal. I was just hoping that they were strobes, since a steady light looks kind of stupid IMO.

No, not a tone generator. The -6009 speaker module has some additional audio inputs (signal from an amplifier) through an amp select module for multi-channel systems. The -2076 signal module only receives signal power from the panel “B” buss. The -6009 speaker module also has additional parts for short circuit detection that the -2076 signal module does not have.

I took more photos at the college today.

Fire alarms:

Simplex 4100U in the lobby of the old building. I’m guess

A Notifier NBG-12. Judging by the backbox, it probably replaced an Autocall 4050.

SpectrAlert remote strobe in one of the restrooms.

Space Age V-33 remote strobe on the cafeteria ceiling.

Another Simplex 4100U. This one’s in the mid-2000’s addition. It’s got a thermal printer and a microphone (Where it’s at! :wink:)

A TrueAlert remote strobe.

A TrueAlert speaker/strobe.

Dual-action Simplex T-Bar - probably a 4099-9003.

A Wheelock ET70WP. These are stationed outside of the 2000’s addition.

Fire suppression signals:

A 4" sprinkler bell inside an entryway in the old building.

What appears to be a Wheelock MT-24MCW-FR. This is the agent release signal for the old building.

A Wheelock RSS, which is the agent release signal for the 2000’s addition.

A specially-marked Wheelock Exceder. This one is in the new 2013 addition.

Miscellaneous stuff:

An emergency call signal for a restroom in the old building. No idea who manufactured these. I got to see them being tested years and years ago, and if my memory serves me correctly they’re just a piezo and a strobe.

For all you emergency lighting geeks out there, here’s a huge, old unit.

I finally got around to wiring up the 4207, and I definitely learned a lot in the process. Thanks guys for all your help!

Just got a 7002!

I just uploaded a bunch of signal demos!