fire alarms "in the wild": Maggie McFly's Manchester CT

A little explanation: I started a new series on my YouTube channel called fire alarms “in the wild”. When I say “in the wild” I mean actual public system activations whether it’s a test, drill, or false activation not anything out of my collection. Camera work may not be stellar do to the unexpected nature of the activation unless I happen to get a heads up, and most likely shot on my phone, a Samsung Galaxy S6 unless I happen to have one of my good cameras with me.

Ok I’ve kept you waiting long enough, here’s the video:

I was at a wedding rehearsal lunch at Maggie McFly’s in the Buckland Hills mall in Manchester CT, when 1/2 way through the alarms start sounding and we were evacuated. I pointed at my friend next to me, who was the one getting married, because he’s a 15 year member of the Willington fire department. The system in the restaurant is I believe a Siemens system like the rest of the mall, with E50s that do a code-3 tone and a message.

The rest of the mall has mostly C7001Ts, 7002Ts a few U-MMTs, U-NH-MCS, and ZNS which were slowly replacing any C7001Ts that fail which I didn’t hear sound (I was close to an exterior 34T which wasn’t sounding). Oddly once they allowed us to re-occupy the building the strobes stopped flashing but the tone and message kept going for about 15 more minutes and the music system stopped once the alarms activated (a wise decision).

since I don’t know when the next alarm event may happen the videos in this series maybe far and few between.