2 New Fire Alarm Recordings

This was a fire alarm ‘annual’ inspection at my work. I say that because he didn’t really test any of the heat detectors, just pulled a few pull stations and was done within an hour. The only bell that wasn’t working was the newly installed Edwards 10" fire bell, which you can hear the striker just barely hitting the bell. The rest of the bells are in order: a Potter 6" bell, Edwards 439-6AWG and then a -10AWG, and 2 Mirtone 74303s. I didn’t show the bells in the new rooms for privacy reasons.

This next video was at my college, in our lab. We had just finished up hooking the NACs on the second floor of the wooden structure (which I had connected the wiring in). We were doing some ground fault testing, so we took one of the pull stations off and put a fault to ground on it. I took that opportunity to record the 7 mini horns going off upstairs. You will also hear a whooping sound; that is coming from the 6 System Sensor Speaker/strobes mounted on the lower floor. The horns are connected to the strobe cct, which is why they continue to sound after the speakers stop.