Very Cool OS&Y Fire Sprinkler Riser Valve 6"

A few weeks ago I purchased a 6" OS&Y (outside stem and yoke) fire sprinkler indicating valve. This was removed from a Carpet Tile store in Mount Prospect, IL in the mid-1990’s. Although a bit rusty, this valve is perfectly operational, and after some lube and substantial cleaning, works great!

I installed one of my Potter OSYSU-1 supervisory switches onto the valve; the process is documented in the second video below.

Thanks for looking! :smiley:

Overview and Test Video

Potter OSYSU-1 Supervisory Switch Installation Video

I recently got around to doing something with the OSYSU Supervisory Switch on this valve. Using an old electrical enclosure and a Faraday 3430 4" bell from my collection, I put together this Supervisory Bell Assembly! The toggle switch allows the bell to be silenced, while a 120V “button flasher” pulses the incandescent light. Check it out below.

This is something you may find in an older facility. Nowadays, these switches are simply tied into the FACP.

The enclosure for the bell/light assembly was originally used to indicate a Low Air-Pressure condition in an industrial plant. Unfortunately, the orignal Faraday 7410 horn is currently inoperable. It can be seen at the upper right corner of the image in this topic: <URL url="Mother of all General Signalling setups. text=“viewtopic.php?f=25&t=6789”>Mother of all General Signalling setups.

Pretty cool, Nick!

That’s pretty cool!!

You should leave the paint as it is. It would be worth more and it looks a lot cooler with that weathered look!

Thanks for Sharing, Nick! :smiley:

Thanks!

I’ve decided to leave it as it is. I’m going to continue trying to get some of the rust off the bolts, but I agree with you on the weathered look.