Testing Some Smokes

As stated in an earlier topic, I am allowed to take home old fire alarms from my CTE school. In this video, I will be using the magnetic test switch on the smoke detectors. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GBUvl6Vyp4
Off topic, but I had a snow day today, and have a half day tomorrow, so yeah, half day school week!

It doesn’t look like you have a panel (seeing as when you twisted the head off the base the alarms shut off), so how did you get the horns to pulse code 3?

edit: post #700!

The System Sensor MDL can produce Code 3.

That looks like it came out really great! Wonderful job on them! I’m glad you got some old smokes too. Good job with the Faraday 6120 also!

Huh? The only thing from Faraday I have is the 10123-1, unless you mean the 2901-9840…
Anyways, thanks!
Fun Fact: I am allowed to take anything from the old system I want!

Oh whoops. I thought the horn was a Faraday horn and not Simplex. I said that because I usually associate Faraday horns with being squares. I forgot about the -9840. My bad.

It’s okay, we all make mistakes. Nothing to worry about too much! :slight_smile:

Pt. 2! This time actually testing the sensor.

I was surprised with how pleasant that chime was. LOL

Yeah, I think it sounds better with the System Sensor MA piezo than the speaker. Unfortunately, the speaker broke when I was mounting it, as it fell and got punctured by my screwdriver. I was not happy about that.

My MA, on the other hand, just decided to randomly short out on me… Is this a sign or something?

Back on topic, thanks for your input.

Stay tuned for a video of me testing the heat element on the smoke detector later this week!