New series of fire alarm test videos

Hey I recently started posting fire alarm test videos. If some of you guys could check it out, and tell me what you think, it would be much appreciated . :slight_smile:

The system looks really great so far! How many horns can you set up in the basement?

I could hook up a few more. I might some time in the future. I was thinking about getting a 7002t.

I’m looking for some who could be a bit like NewAgeServerAlarm was as he put multiple horns around his house but if your basement is big enough you could do that. Just load it up with as many horns as possible. Maybe 6? :stuck_out_tongue:

I would love to do something like that. My schools been in the middle of a massive renovation lately, so i was going to try and snag a few vintage Wheelock 7002Ts, and some rare pull stations out of the dumpsters. If I’m successful with that there may be a few new horns, and devices on the system soon.

Ah but would you mount 6 horns in the basement in different places though? :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t know. I would like to, but I’d have to talk my parents into it. They don’t really like the idea of alarms all over the basement. I probably could get away with putting a few more in the unfinished area of the basement though, because no one really goes in there. But if I could I’d have alarms all over the house. :slight_smile:

Fine fine then. What about 5? XP

I can’t really afford to put five up all at once. The number of horns might increase as the test series continues. :wink:

Would 4 work?

Four total in the system, or four additional horns added to the system?

I’m hoping added but altogether would work also. Basically something like this:

That would be cool. Probably wont get to that point for a while though. I found a couple of relatively cheap alarms on eBay so there may be some more alarms added soon. System test 6 should be coming sometime this weekend, but any new alarms would probably pop up in system test 7. :wink:

The facts that the 4005 is not showing a trouble and the RCU has all the LEDs flashing suggests that the RCU is not programmed into the 4005.

The RCU has to be added to the program in the Edit Card menu. Then each LED has to be set up in the Edit Point menu.

See the detailed instructions in the 4005 programming instructions 574-059.

There are two switch packages in the RCU. DIP switch SW1 sets the address and DIP switch SW3 sets the personality to the type panel. The RCU/SCU manual is 574-015.

System Test 6 is uploaded! Enjoy! :smiley:

How many alarms do you have in the system now? And I just mean horns.

Two. One Simplex, and one Edwards. :slight_smile:

I can hear the Simplex horn but i can’t hear the Edwards horn. What horn is it?

It is the red colored horn over next to the heater, its above the second panel. It sounds like a trouble piezo but its actually a horn.

Oh so its a mini horn?