System Sensor P2RL L-Series Horn/Strobe Test (First on YouTube?)

i Please Note: This post was created as an April Fool’s Day joke, the information contain herein is entirely fictitious
[/i]
Hey guys!

Today was the first Saturday I’ve had free in a while, so I took about an hour drive down to St. Charles, IL to visit the System Sensor plant. Met a nice lady at the reception desk who took down my information, then I explained my interest in alarms, and asked if they had any engineering samples on hand from the new L-Series devices.

While unfortunately the engineering samples were restricted to dealers, it turns out they had a box of early production rejects laying around in the engineering area. Since they were destined to be trashed, they were kind enough to let me have one :smiley: . I dug through the box for a bit, and found two units - one with a casting error on the device itself, and one with an error on the trim bezel. Swapped the bezel on the working unit, and I had myself a fully-functional LHSR.

Not sure if anybody has published a video of these devices yet. Overall, I’m fairly impressed with the design despite my initial concerns. Enjoy!!

What!
Wow…I don’t know how I even bought this! Pretty convincing prank if you ask me. How did you do the thumbnail? Photoshop?

Prank?

The thumbnail is just the new P2RL I got… not sure what you’re talking about. :wink: