My First System Test!!!!!

I recently got a panel and thought I’d make a video with it! I’ve had my system for 4 years now but never owned a panel or smoke detectors. All I had was a sync module. Please watch and comment!!! Help me decide if I should make more!

Stay Jolly,

Isaac

Ouch. That was loud and it sure it was much louder in person.

Oh yes I love my advances but I honestly hate them at the same time.

Really nice system. I love flush mounted devices

Nice job on this! Can’t wait to see more.

WELL I CAN’T CUZ MY PANEL BROKE

Well you could buy an MS-4 or something.

Could you give me a general price on how much that will be?

It’ll run you NIB at about $300 or so. More filtered DC options will run up to as much as $800.

Alternatively, you could just run it off a power supply. It wouldn’t be as exciting, but that would run you only for about $40.

I’m thinking starting out with a Silent Knight SK-5208. Those run from about $400+. 4004’s run from $400-$800 USED, and most FWR panels will generally cost less during to their limited capability. It would sound raspy, but it’d be better than nothing. Bottom line is, if you want filtered power, you gotta start saving up those dollars! Other Simplex used panels can run up to as much as $1K depending on size and capability. It seems rather insane, but most of the market has gone to FWR as power consumption drops on ADA signals allowing for this even though FWR is crap and filtered is much better. So if you’d rather have filtered DC like a panel I’d hope to have someday (hopefully by this summer if my parents allow), I’d suggest starting to save up.

You could pick up a new SXL-EX for about $130 if you wanted to do a direct swap with your old system.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142379886292