NST 1 Sneak Peek...

Here it is! No, the board is not finished. I still need to cut down my 4 x 8 sheet of 3/8" plywood to 4x6, then mount it to the wall studs and then mount the panel, backboxes, and other stuff.

But this was a test to ensure the panel works, and as you can hear, it can! It handles electromechanical horns well. Some 4004s apparently go haywire when you use mechanical horns, however, mine doesn’t. It could be because it’s a later model from 1999, or because I had EOL resistors in the appropriate places, but nonetheless it works and no, I won’t be using the devices in this video in NST 1. Oh and do you think I should use regular metal boxes or Simplex ones. Was kinda thinking of using the Simplex ones, however I want to use Wheelock non-ADA devices (i.e. 7002T or EHS-EL1 or something with a WST-24 strobe rebranded by Pyrotronics, and a Pyrotronics Pull station but I know that wouldn’t fit on a Simplex pull station box…but I do want to use the Simplex pull station boxes because I bought brand new T-Bars too…and they were expensive, but even though I like the look of them it limits what I can and can’t use on the system), and while I’d rather not use regular metal boxes as I already have the Simplex ones, I’d like to switch out devices from time to time.

As for the Simplex A/V boxes (2975-9145), I have retrofit plates for the TrueAlert series (or other 4" devices) and the 4903 series plate, and while a 7002 might look a little silly on the 4903 retrofit plate because of the gap on the side, its just a demo system, so would anybody really care? I wouldn’t.

Anyways thanks for watching and don’t forget to tell me what you all think about this! :smiley:

Really looking forward to seeing this! I really like the horn you used here even if you aren’t gonna use it for the system test! Great job!

I assume that it was a 9838?

Thanks! Actually it was a 9846. I did use a 2903/9838 combo before this though.