Pull Station Test

Yeah that could be a huge problem.

Isn’t that how TBars are supposed to activate…!!!

I mean… it technically works.

When did Simpex rebrand the BG-8?

Great to finally see some of the 2099-SOUV series devices installed in buildings. I know as hobbyists we like to collect these alarms, but I wasn’t sure if the “souvenir” concept would take off with the general public.

I’ve heard rumors that the 2099-SOUV-ES series will allow you to take the complete station with you, addressable module and all.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol! :lol:

Well its now ADA-compliant since to activate all you have to do is push the button now.

On these pull stations, it’s actually the opposite; the alarm activates when the button is not being pressed. There’s a graphic somewhere on the internet showing this, but I just can’t seem to find it.

EDIT: Found it. This is from Andrew’s old site.

I found the animated version.

Then forget what I said. That is a big problem.

It would technically still alarm, as the button is no longer held down when the shell is removed.

That station without the front cover leaves the switch button always out which means the station is always activated. That keeps the panel always in alarm. The panel will not reset as long as the station is activated. The zone (conventional system) or device (addressable system) would have to be bypassed or disabled to reset the panel.

I know that, I was just saying that if the cover was taken off the system would still end up in alarm.