Fire Drill at Tunxis!

Today was the college’s first fire drill in ages! I got great (albeit a bit shaky) footage from the old building.

I’ve been looking forward to this for a really long time now. The last time I was personally in the old building when it went off was over 10 years ago (my dad filmed the other two for me).

Breakdown:

• The computer lab’s AV-34 starts up. Woohoo! Fire drill!
  • I head into the hallway. The first horn, which made me cover my ears as a kid, was super quiet. Haha!
  • Instead of filming the awful, rattling 2903 featured in the previous video, I decided to head left instead.
  • I decided to take an extra detour to the right and get a bit more footage
  • I exit out of the sliding double doors (a relic from when the college was a shopping mall).
  • Hmm… I wonder if they set it off in the library, too… Yep! The voice message is the one that starts with Attention, attention! An emergency situation has been detected…"
  • Head toward the parking lot. Well, that was fun!

Just realized something. The strobe on the first one shows up on my file, but on the YouTube video, it’s almost invisible. Would reuploading fix this, or is it just something YouTube does automatically?

This reminds me so much of my days in high school since those Faraday 6120 horns are basically Simplex 9838s. Nice job on this!

Thanks!