Asking for your help with YouTube

In case you guys don’t know. YouTube is demonetizing content creators, big or small, and supposedly the process is “Automatic”… Well, YouTube demonetized one of my videos. The thing is the money that I make from YouTube is how I can afford to buy more fire alarm equipment. It’s my budget for the equipment.

Now, there is an appeal process for this, but the video needs to get a minimum of 1000 views within a 7 day period. Doubtful, but any chance you guys are willing to watch and share my little home system test so YouTube can look into the fact that there is literally nothing wrong with this video? Watch below:

I’m sorry to hear that YouTube is demonetizing your video. This is one thing that really angers me alot. YouTube will demonetize anything that is Political, Social or anything in between that could offend the smallest of populations. I suggest you do the following, keep any radio or TV off when filming these Tests as anything, even a commercial could say something against YouTube’s monetary policy because the process picks up words and phrases that’s in the audio regardless of who says it. Secondly keep all words and explanations strictly to System tests and avoid any rants that could be seen as demonizing other people. I’m cringing as I’m writing this but this is the world we live in and the people who run Silicon Valley are absolutely clueless in everything but their worldview and keeping their Server’s up.

May I also ask if you don’t mind, what’s an average amount of money you make with these videos because I could sure use an extra budget when buying my alarm equipment?

It varries. I have a few videos that randomly took off with thousands upon thousands of views (which is a lot for fire alarm videos) but others that have just been maybe 100 views if I’m lucky. In total I’ve made about $40 for the lifetime of my channel, most of that is in the past month when I started actively uploading consistently. Consistency helps, keeps viewers viewing. So, that’s the best I can say about that.

I’d also like to mention my video was automatically demonetized. Nothing reported, no one to manually review. Just decided my content is not suitable for all ads, and told me nothing will be done unless the video gets 1000 views within 7 days. It’s BS if you ask me. But, what are you gonna do? Can’t fight Google, and they don’t care!

Unfortunately not. I’ve known many people with great content get demonetized for the reasons I’ve stated above. Nothing has to be offensive, just if Google decides they don’t like it. The only other thing I can suggest is get a job and pay for new stuff that way. That’s how I had to do it. If you Google the highest paying wages per company, there are a few that’ll pay $10, $11 or even $12 an hour and even part time, that’s enough for some decent panels and equipment on eBay. Where I work I’ve managed to get over $13 an hour just one year in. If you do your research you may have luck.

Oh, I do have a good paying job working testing alarms as you’ll see on my channel. Plus, it’s only one video, no biggy. But the money I make from work generally gets put towards other things.

I would put money on it that YouTube’s automatic systems noticed your video due to the quick camera movements. Have you seen a flag anywhere near the video that reads “We detected your video may be shaky. Would you like us to stabilize it?”

I of course mean no offense to your videography, this just seems like the most logical explanation for an otherwise fine video.

Nothing. I know I generally film quick, but nothing to crazy or shaky in my opinion… thanks for selling me the MS-2 by the way! :wink: