Simplex 4005 Home System (W.I.P)

A sneak peak at my home system which is currently under construction. Everything should be together sometime after New Years. All wiring used is temporary and new wire will be ordered after all the parts come in. Everything will be done to code and all on UL listed back boxes. Please excuse the messy office as I did a lot of work today.

Nice system! Do you have plans to make it all EVAC? That’s would be cool! I’ve been looking for a 4003 myself but due to their rarity I haven’t been able to find one…not that I’d be able to afford it anyways lol.

That system reminds me of my elementary school system - the old building was set on continuous with horns, and the newer wings had TrueAlerts set on code-3. I was always curious how they were able to set up the system to do two separate codings.

The system will be setup as there was two expansions. The main building will have 4903-9219 horn strobes and 4251-20 pulls and 2098-9201 smokes. My house was expanded first with the sun room turned into a rec room and that will house the true alert (4903-9427) and will have a 2099-9754 pull. The second expansion added the dining room which was the garage which turned into the dining room and a garage was added next to it. That will feature 4903 true alert speaker strobes and 2099-9754 pulls and 4098-9601 smokes. The bedrooms which are in the main part of the house will have true alert speakers added to the bedrooms for 500 hz operation (Technically 520 hz but the closest the 4003 can do according to my knowledge). I will post any new updates, new parts coming this week but only accessories. 2 weeks from now interesting things will happen.

That looks really nice so far! I’m glad that you chose Simplex 4903-9219 horns also! Great job!

Here’s a small update on my system:

I went ahead and replaced the 4903-9219 in my office to a 4903-9220 since I can only mount it vertically.

Secondly, I added the UL listed back box to the 4903-9219 in the hallway.

I have several parts still coming (hopefully arriving tomorrow morning), the consist of the UL listed backboxes for the pull stations and a smoke detector for above the panel. I will make a second test vid when that is done.

I have attached pictures to show what I’m talking about.

Nice! I like the mount of the -9219 in the hallway there. It reminds me of how the 4903-9252 at my school in the aux gym is installed.

Here is a quick audible test after adding new pull station back boxes and a new strobe in the master bedroom.
Also I have added a 2098-9201 smoke detector above the fire panel which will be tested later.
I had to do this quick since there were occupants in the house.

Looks good so far! But I think it needs more 4903-9219s. :stuck_out_tongue:

Spectralert Advance replaced with appropriate Simplex strobe.

That actually is so much better because SpectrAlert Advances are too common. It reminds me of my elementary school. That Simplex strobe was in all of the bathrooms except the cafe-gymnasium.

Complete test of my 4005 system! Every horn/strobe and Speakers are covered.

That is a really good system so far and it looks like it is coming together really nicely and I can’t wait to see you mount the speaker/strobe on the wall next! Though I am a bit curious, was the TrueAlert hooked up also?

It was however I disabled the horn because it becomes overkill considering I have a -9220 in the same area. That was the trouble present which I cleared before ending the video. I do plan on mounting the speaker strobes and the True Alert however I don’t have enough wire for that right now and will probably have to wait until sometime after new years before more work can be done.

How many alarms do you think you can mount in your house in all?

Not much, even though it’s spacious and expanded twice in it’s life, it’s still a cape cod which makes it a little difficult to not go overkill. I uploaded a diagram of how the system is planned to be set up. Let me just say, if there’s a fire, you’re going to hear it, probably even the neighbors.

Looks good so far though I will say that there was someone on YouTube who made up a massive system in their basement so it can be done.

Testing the walktest functionality after updating a few system configurations. System is put into full alarm at the end. Every horn is now set to continuous since the walk test only activates audible circuits (not visual). So the True Alert code 3 had to be set to an audible circuit which in order for my free run strobes to flash at 1 hz, the true alert had to be set to that as well since Simplex panels don’t let you set coding by NAC circuit but by Signal Type.

@Simplex 4051, that was Mrtruealert on YouTube and to date he wins with the most complex and diverse set up in the enthusiast community. I wonder if he still owns the 4100u and 4100es? Still jelly that he has all that equipment but probably doesn’t own a software key so no changes can happen unless Simplex Grinnell comes out.

Uh that’s a massive system. My 3K sq ft house would have way less than that lol. But I suppose whatever gets your attention…

Yeah that is who I was talking about though I don’t think he uses horns anymore to tell you the truth or is even active.