Simplex 4005 Home System (W.I.P)

This is where users can post any videos, recordings, or photos they have made that is related to fire alarms,
Forum rules
You are only allowed to post YOUR videos here. Please refrain from posting others videos.
jm2014
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:03 pm

Simplex 4051 wrote:How many alarms do you think you can mount in your house in all?
Not much, even though it's spacious and expanded twice in it's life, it's still a cape cod which makes it a little difficult to not go overkill. I uploaded a diagram of how the system is planned to be set up. Let me just say, if there's a fire, you're going to hear it, probably even the neighbors.

Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Wed Dec 06, 2017 2:04 am

Looks good so far though I will say that there was someone on YouTube who made up a massive system in their basement so it can be done.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
jm2014
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:40 pm

Testing the walktest functionality after updating a few system configurations. System is put into full alarm at the end. Every horn is now set to continuous since the walk test only activates audible circuits (not visual). So the True Alert code 3 had to be set to an audible circuit which in order for my free run strobes to flash at 1 hz, the true alert had to be set to that as well since Simplex panels don't let you set coding by NAC circuit but by Signal Type.

@Simplex 4051, that was Mrtruealert on YouTube and to date he wins with the most complex and diverse set up in the enthusiast community. I wonder if he still owns the 4100u and 4100es? Still jelly that he has all that equipment but probably doesn't own a software key so no changes can happen unless Simplex Grinnell comes out.
firefreak57
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: firefreak57

Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:24 pm

jm2014 wrote:
Simplex 4051 wrote:How many alarms do you think you can mount in your house in all?
Not much, even though it's spacious and expanded twice in it's life, it's still a cape cod which makes it a little difficult to not go overkill. I uploaded a diagram of how the system is planned to be set up. Let me just say, if there's a fire, you're going to hear it, probably even the neighbors.

Uh that’s a massive system. My 3K sq ft house would have way less than that lol. But I suppose whatever gets your attention...
The official account of firefreak57! Class of 2019.
Proud Owner of a Simplex 4004 Fire Alarm System
My YouTube Channel
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:36 pm

Yeah that is who I was talking about though I don't think he uses horns anymore to tell you the truth or is even active.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.