Why?

I tried looking for a similar thread to post in and was unable so if there is another thread with this sort of stuff already, mods, feel free to move as you see fit.

Sometimes Fire Alarm devices show up in the strangest places and one can only wonder, why?

The images below are from Trinity Episcopal Church in Newport, RI. (1698!) which I worked on several years ago. The building is pretty spectacular and as my job required it, I was able to access all sorts of areas typically “off limits”. The Bell Tower and the interior of the handbuilt pipe organ to name a couple. If you have a moment, perhaps check out the web site or Google some images. https://www.trinitynewport.org/

At any rate, the image below was taken by me, standing and looking up at a hatch in the ceiling with a pull down ladder extending down.

During start up, FACP is telling me there is a pull station on the loop that the contractor has not listed and after a bit of back and forth he advised he thought he remembered maybe putting one in the attic or by a hatch somewhere so I turned on my flashlight and craned my neck a little…