GE Concord 4 System Test 44 - System Sensor i3 2WTA-B & RRS-MOD

This is where users can post any videos, recordings, or photos they have made that is related to fire alarms,
Forum rules
You are only allowed to post YOUR videos here. Please refrain from posting others videos.
DJDiehl2K
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: DJDiehl2K

Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:10 am

I thought it would be interesting to post a video of sounder-smokes on here. Not too many systems on YouTube with them.
This is a partial system test of my GE Concord 4 system. In this video, I demonstrate my brand new System Sensor RRS-MOD (polarity-reversal and synchronization relay module), and 4 System Sensor i3 2WTA-Bs. The 2WTA-B is a 2-wire photoelectric smoke detector with two fixed 135° thermal sensors and a built-in sounder. They all sound in sync when the panel alarms with help from the RRS-MOD.

While messing around, I've "reverse-engineered" the RRS-MOD. It reverses the polarity in code-3 in alarm, and when the alarm stops, it switches back to normal polarity, and all sounder-smokes go into selective-silence (if it was in alarm) or back to normal operation (if it was not in alarm).
Currently a probie at Digital Media & Security
GE Concord 4 Owner | Burglar & Fire Alarm Hobbyist
View System Tests on YouTube