Weird "Short" Trouble Given By Panel After Testing Simplex 2903-9001 Light Plate

I honestly don’t know what the true problem is with the “Short Trouble”, but this is pretty disappointing :(. I thankfully got the 2903-9101 strobe plate working during this video though. It’s a darn shame about the light plate, especially since now I could probably code it too. Enjoy this video either way!

[YouTube]b3p_RSUSOQU[/YouTube]

Let me know if this you think this is worthy enough to be discussed as a thread here on the Fire Panel forums ;). I would love to solve this problem if at all possible.

I can’t watch the video with sound right now, so I don’t know if you discuss it in the video. Is the light polarized? Did you put a diode on one of the leads?

[quote=nightfly287 post_id=82059 time=1539913291 user_id=2562]

I can’t watch the video with sound right now, so I don’t know if you discuss it in the video. Is the light polarized? Did you put a diode on one of the leads?

[/quote]

The light plate did come with a polarity diode. I even hooked it up during this video. When I did, there was no difference. The light plate never lit up sadly :(. Bummer

So to answer your question, yes, I did have the polarity diode hooked up AND it was on the positive wire lead :wink:

So just to let you guys know, I believe I solved the issue. Have a look at this video to see what I mean: IMG_1423 | Allie Oop | Flickr.

So, there was no polarity diode connected during the video. All I did what add in the DC-to-DC converter :|. So, I’m starting to wonder if FWR is the true problem that caused the light plate to not work in the beginning. The light plate is definitely older, from like the late-70s to early-80s at least. Pretty interesting though, especially the part with the “Short” trouble appearing on the fire alarm panel.

I honestly don’t know if FWR is really the issue or not, but I’m just happy the light plate works again :).

I’m happy that you were able to figure out the problem! Glad you got the light working and I really like how both videos came out! Great job!

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=82072 time=1540052781 user_id=18]

I’m happy that you were able to figure out the problem! Glad you got the light working and I really like how both videos came out! Great job!

[/quote]

Me too. I love the fact now that I can code the light plate, because honestly it looks really cool when the light plate is coded :)! Interesting little problem I ran into, but relieved that it’s all good now. Also thankful it was just a little problem, rather than a big problem lol :lol:

Thank you ;)!