ATTN: YouTube Fire Alarm Videos Being Copied

If you have uploaded fire alarm videos, be prepared to send a copyright complaint to YouTube. The first to be effected was tornadofreak1994, which thanks to me had the video removed. This time it was Andrew, whom I just PM’ed regarding the issue. I request that a mod sticky this so everyone on this board will know about this issue.

If your video has been stolen, you can request a takedown here.

1 Like

Who is stealing the videos?

Multiple users who are probably under 13. Yes, I know I’m stereotyping, but most people who are over 13 know not to steal videos.

1 Like

Do you have links to the channels so they can be monitored? I wouldn’t assume they’re under 13 just because they copied a video.

No, I do not; the YouTube app doesn’t allow you to copy channel links.

1 Like

What are the names then? Also, are the copied videos still up or have they been removed?

The user with Andrew’s videos is Leontine BARTOW, and the user who copied tornadofreak’s doesn’t have any other videos up [Edit: the only one was removed].

1 Like

Video stealing is a big problem all over YouTube. It seems to be mostly bots that use a fake name and grab videos from channels with a lot of views. Their goal is to steal views from the original videos and make ad revenue. Although I don’t think it’s possible to report an entire channel, YouTube will terminate any channel that has received three or more recent takedown requests. So, it definitely helps to report any videos that you notice are stolen, even if they aren’t your own.

2 Likes

Another channel to monitor is Iain Arrant. He stole some of SimpexTech’s videos a while back.

I may create a playlist of the stolen videos, so reporting then will be easier.

1 Like

FYI, the form says there can be repercussions for reporting stolen videos if original isn’t yours.

1 Like

Oops, I stand corrected then.

It’s okay, we all make mistakes. :slight_smile:

But still, think about the “big” YouTubers, or even those with another job. How many of them have the time to report their stolen videos? YouTube should allow 3rd party reports, but send the report to the original user for confirmation before acting upon it.

1 Like

Requesting this be deleted seeing as the problem has subsided and that the crash corrupted the thread.

The problem is still relevant.

2 Likes