Wheelock ES-EL1-WS-24 (electronic 7002T)

This forum is for posting interesting fire alarm related media. Please pay attention to the guidelines for posting in this forum!
Post Reply
User avatar
Simplex 2903-9101
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
Posts: 229
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:09 am
YouTube Username: Fahrenheit4051

Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:39 am

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q1VeyHhqdqY
Posted by YouTube user Railroad Rick.
Did you hear about the film director who collected fire alarms?
No Integrity and dozens of unwanted Advances.
firefreak57
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
Posts: 575
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:02 pm
YouTube Username: firefreak57
Location: Summit County, Ohio

Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:10 pm

Simplex 2903-9101 wrote:https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q1VeyHhqdqY
Posted by YouTube user Railroad Rick.
I have seen these before in photos. I might obtain an ES DL1 in the future at some point which is the same Alarm but without the strobe.
The official account of firefreak57! Class of 2019.
Proud Owner of a Simplex 4004 Fire Alarm System
My YouTube Channel
User avatar
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
Posts: 2513
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:35 am
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636
Location: Pawtucket, RI
Contact:

Mon May 08, 2017 12:44 pm

That is a really cool find! I didn't even know there were electronic 7002Ts!
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
firefreak57
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
Posts: 575
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:02 pm
YouTube Username: firefreak57
Location: Summit County, Ohio

Mon May 08, 2017 2:44 pm

Simplex 4051 wrote:That is a really cool find! I didn't even know there were electronic 7002Ts!
They're not 7002TS as they do not skip. They are a 4 wire electronic multitone horn. They are very rare, but on eBay you can get one without a strobe New for $14.99 or something like that.
The official account of firefreak57! Class of 2019.
Proud Owner of a Simplex 4004 Fire Alarm System
My YouTube Channel
[Isaaaakkk]
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
Posts: 373
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:30 pm
YouTube Username: Isik A.
Contact:

Mon May 08, 2017 10:18 pm

firefreak57 wrote:
Simplex 4051 wrote:That is a really cool find! I didn't even know there were electronic 7002Ts!
They're not 7002TS as they do not skip. They are a 4 wire electronic multitone horn. They are very rare, but on eBay you can get one without a strobe New for $14.99 or something like that.
I THOUGHT THESE WERE SPEAKER STROBES ALL ALONG!!!
I've never heard of these before! I want one now.
Why can't you hear a pterodactyl go to the bathroom?
Because the "P" is silent.

Potatoes are brown.

Don't trust an atom. They make everything up.
User avatar
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
Posts: 2513
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:35 am
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636
Location: Pawtucket, RI
Contact:

Tue May 09, 2017 1:10 am

Well when I first saw the Edwards 792, I thought that the were speaker/strobes at first also.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
firefreak57
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
Posts: 575
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:02 pm
YouTube Username: firefreak57
Location: Summit County, Ohio

Tue May 09, 2017 9:46 am

[Isaaaakkk] wrote:
firefreak57 wrote:
Simplex 4051 wrote:That is a really cool find! I didn't even know there were electronic 7002Ts!
They're not 7002TS as they do not skip. They are a 4 wire electronic multitone horn. They are very rare, but on eBay you can get one without a strobe New for $14.99 or something like that.
I THOUGHT THESE WERE SPEAKER STROBES ALL ALONG!!!
I've never heard of these before! I want one now.
Well, they're technically a 'multitone speaker.' Since the Wheelock catalogs were wiped out during the server crash, I can't view the images to verify them; or it's just the school wifi blocking the images. Nevertheless, these actually are an electronic horn. They were produced from the late 1980s up until the discontinuation of the Wheelock non-ADA devices in the 1990s. The remote horn variant is the ES-DL1 and can be found on eBay NIB from the seller toomanyamps (both horn and horn/strobe variants are just as rare). They were designed to be used on filtered DC (back when all Wheelock products were strictly filtered DC as FWR wasn't as common as it is today) and were never a popular product, thus only being seen in actual installations in the most rare of circumstances.

You're right to assume they were speakers, as the E70 and ET70 look exactly the same and because these use a speaker strobe grille, wouldn't be able to be identified unless you looked at the label on the back or heard them go off.
The official account of firefreak57! Class of 2019.
Proud Owner of a Simplex 4004 Fire Alarm System
My YouTube Channel
Post Reply