You've seen funny names for animals...

Discussion of all things related to fire alarms, including alarm systems, fire alarm collections, sirens, sprinklers, fire drills, evacuations, actual fires, building architecture, other kinds of safety drills like tornado and earthquake drills and such, etc.
Simplex 2903-9101
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: Fahrenheit4051

Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:33 pm

But I've got something even better:
Did you hear about the film director who collected fire alarms?
No Integrity and dozens of unwanted Advances.
nightfly287
Wiki Team Member
Wiki Team Member

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:00 pm

I thought this was going to be totally stupid like the Fire Alarm Jokes topic but these actually ended up being funny haha. My personal favorite is the "Spider Jail" one.
nightfly287 -- Director of Sarcasm
Simplex 2903-9101
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: Fahrenheit4051

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:22 am

Haha, thanks!
Did you hear about the film director who collected fire alarms?
No Integrity and dozens of unwanted Advances.
MayerFire
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:31 am

"Door Knob" for the System Sensor 1400.

"Ceiling Wart" for the System Sensor 2400.

Credit to NewAgeServer for these nicknames, I thought they fit here.
Robert A
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Aslin Fire Safety

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Robert Aslin
My YouTube Channel | Aslin Fire Safety
If you need to contact me for any reason, you may email me at aslinrobert15(at)gmail.com.
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:30 pm

I felt like I'd share too my list of nicknames that I sometimes give to alarms:
Klaxon Sonos DC (Knockoff of the infamous Roshni sounder): "Bouton d'acné prêt à exploser" (Pimple ready to blow up) because they look like a pimple... Gross.
This oldie Legrand MCP (obligated to link the image): "Interrupteur à frapper d'urgence" (Switch to punch in case of emergency), because it's so hard to activate, that you need to PUNCH it until it activates.
Ademco 623-6/12 (both 6VDC and 12VDC versions): Ceiling faucet knob (don't confuse with the doorknob)... Don't know where I got this one from lol
Simplex 4262-5: The Silver U.F.O. (It looks like a flying saucer.... now with 100% more radiation of course!)

(Can't add pictures... I'm too lazy to do so, sorry :oops:)
Hello from France!
If you see someone with my real name (Alexis Trinquet) without the uppercase A and T commenting on any of your videos please just ignore them.
Devices in my collection: too much to count and still counting..!
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:36 pm

I nicknamed the 2 2DCD horns at my high school "Ear Bleeders" because of how obnoxiously loud they are.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
MayerFire
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:12 pm

Alexis_T wrote:oldie Legrand MCP (obligated to link the image): "Interrupteur à frapper d'urgence" (Switch to punch in case of emergency), because it's so hard to activate, that you need to PUNCH it until it activates.
I've always wondered how hard is it to break the glass on those European pull stations. Thank God we use handles over here.

I sometimes refer to SpectrAlert Advances (and L-Series I guess) as "Ear Shredders" because of the tone and volume.
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:58 am

MayerFire wrote:
Alexis_T wrote:oldie Legrand MCP (obligated to link the image): "Interrupteur à frapper d'urgence" (Switch to punch in case of emergency), because it's so hard to activate, that you need to PUNCH it until it activates.
I've always wondered how hard is it to break the glass on those European pull stations. Thank God we use handles over here.

I sometimes refer to SpectrAlert Advances (and L-Series I guess) as "Ear Shredders" because of the tone and volume.
It's juste a plastic membrane, once it's activated you can set it back into normal position with a lever key.
Hello from France!
If you see someone with my real name (Alexis Trinquet) without the uppercase A and T commenting on any of your videos please just ignore them.
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:08 pm

I've always wondered how easy those things are to accidentally activate since you push into them to set them off and someone might accidentally lay up against it.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
thegeet
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: Cesar Blanco

Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:19 am

For Edwards Adaptahorn , the newer model, I don't know about this but maybe "cake compressor" because it reminds me of a compressor from the looks of it and its sound reminds me of cake. I think it might be a bad name though.
#marshalbattsismyidol
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:59 pm

You mean the square version? Because that sort of reminds me of a pool drain vent.
thegeet
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: Cesar Blanco

Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:37 pm

Simplex 4051 wrote:You mean the square version? Because that sort of reminds me of a pool drain vent.
Yeah that one.
#marshalbattsismyidol
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant

Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:15 pm

I got one that I have heard of but never heard it go off in person. How about called the Simplex/Gentex GX-90 "Flatline" if it is in continuous or "Heartbeat" if it is in march time. Oh and "Arrythmia" if it is in code-3.
Alexis_T
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:00 am

That one National time Horn (which I don't recall the model but I know for sure that it's very old and is creepy looking)... It looks almost like a orange (the citrus... not the county in California lol) slice minus the color.
Hello from France!