Gentex minihorn horn/strobe in a small restroom stall at ear level.

Discussion of all things related to fire alarms, including alarm systems, fire alarm collections, sirens, sprinklers, fire drills, evacuations, actual fires, building architecture, other kinds of safety drills like tornado and earthquake drills and such, etc.
Housedays
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:24 pm

A Belk department store at a local mall has a Gentex minihorn horn/strobe located in a three stall restroom on the wall in one of the small stalls. When you walk into that stall the horn/strobe is at ear level with your ear right next to it. Yes, minihorns aren't that loud, but still.
Fire alarms are cool
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: Horns and Strobes

Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:35 pm

Well... The local Belk has a Wheelock AS in the bathroom.... Yep, cruel. I do not want to be in there when it goes off.
FACT: all walmarts and targets seem to have a radionics/bosch system
MYTH: Panels are cheap
randomperson
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
Instagram: randomperson_firealarms

Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:46 pm

Fire alarms are cool wrote:
Well... The local Belk has a Wheelock AS in the bathroom.... Yep, cruel. I do not want to be in there when it goes off.
So does my school... I don't understand why since there's usually a horn/strobe right outside the restroom!

Did I mention that there's a hallway that has 6 AS's in it? There's an identically-shaped hallway right below that only has 4 AS's.
YouTube
My website
Email: everysingletrouble3 -AT- gmail -DOT- com

Please use they/them when referring to me.
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:44 am

Reminds me of the time that I went to New York on a bus trip and we stopped at a rest center somewhere in either Connecticut or New Jersey. Anyway the bathroom not only had a Classic SpectrAlert horn/strobe in it but on of the stalls had a SpectrAlert ADVANCED horn/strobe in it almost at ear level.

What were they thinking!?
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
Fire alarms are cool
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: Horns and Strobes

Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:19 am

randomperson wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:46 pm
Fire alarms are cool wrote:
So does my school... I don't understand why since there's usually a horn/strobe right outside the restroom!

Did I mention that there's a hallway that has 6 AS's in it? There's an identically-shaped hallway right below that only has 4 AS's.
Uhhhh, That is very strange. All of my schools all just have 2 horn/strobes or 3. Thankfully the mall has Wheelock LSM strobes in the restrooms.
FACT: all walmarts and targets seem to have a radionics/bosch system
MYTH: Panels are cheap
Simplex 4051
Dedicated Participant
Dedicated Participant
YouTube Username: Goldenrod636

Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:30 pm

All of my schools had two or three horn/strobes or in the case of my middle school horn/lights in the corridors.
I'm exclusively on Skype now. Add me at amazee_dayzee. I don't do voice or video chats though.
Housedays
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:36 pm

Here's the Belk store I am talking about. Someone made a YouTube video of the elevator in it. In the video you can see one of the Gentex minihorn NAs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0ATO70hJ7A