Rare Smoke Detectors

Discussion of all things related to fire alarms, including alarm systems, fire alarm collections, sirens, sprinklers, fire drills, evacuations, actual fires, building architecture, other kinds of safety drills like tornado and earthquake drills and such, etc.
Helen75
Casual Participant
Casual Participant
YouTube Username: Timmy 73

When did the different Dicon smoke alarms come out?
My name isnt Helen and I wasnt born anytime close to 1975. -Me

If it ain't broke, you're not trying! -Blacklight8001

Well, you know what they say. Science can't move forward without breaking some omelettes, or whatever. -styropyro
tubbysalarms05
New Participant
New Participant
YouTube Username: Tubbys Alarms

does anyone know where to find a wiring harness for the firex fxw-1 or any other wiring harness that works with it?
Helen75
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

you can get adaptors at the home depot and then get a normal wiring harness

Well, you know what they say. Science can't move forward without breaking some omelettes, or whatever. -styropyro
Helen75
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Yay the forums back!!!

benson41011
Serious Participant
Serious Participant
YouTube Username: BaltimoreAlarms&Fans

Statitrol SmokeGard 770 AC powered unit I received a few days ago. Bought this a while before the plague hit but it took forever to deliver. Yes I disinfected the packaging and the unit itself. It did come with its bracket and trim ring though not pictured. Essentially the same as the 700 except with a transformer slapped in where the batteries go and an LED indicator on the side. The test function doesn't work anymore and it only barely senses smoke on the highest sensitivity setting. Still a very neat and very rare unit. Not bad for one of the first residential ionization smoke detectors ever made.
smokegard.jpg
smokegard.jpg (88.93 KiB) Viewed 200 times
smokegard 2.jpg
smokegard 2.jpg (75.18 KiB) Viewed 200 times
My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/benson41011
My Instagram: @baltimore.alarms.and.fans
Specializing in vintage residential smoke detectors
Helen75
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Thats a cool one

Helen75
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

Helen75
Casual Participant
Casual Participant

benson41011
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

Thought I'd just put this here...
sears.jpg
sears.jpg (69.01 KiB) Viewed 46 times
sears2.jpg
sears2.jpg (83.48 KiB) Viewed 46 times
tubbysalarms05
New Participant
New Participant

SA67D and SA150LTD side by side
Attachments
My photo - 5-22-2020_7-30-48---.jpg
My photo - 5-22-2020_7-30-48---.jpg (350.24 KiB) Viewed 41 times
My photo - 5-22-2020_7-31-31---.jpg
My photo - 5-22-2020_7-31-31---.jpg (344.27 KiB) Viewed 41 times
tubbysalarms05
New Participant
New Participant

The Vantronics Rescue II residential photoelectric smoke detector (I havent figured out the model number yet) is really cool. It has a blue horn that does continuous and the led is steady when it goes off, It takes two batterys for some reason and I dont really know why.
Attachments
My photo - 5-22-2020_7-58-06---.jpg
My photo - 5-22-2020_7-58-06---.jpg (381.29 KiB) Viewed 41 times
tubbysalarms05
New Participant
New Participant

tubbysalarms05 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:02 pm
The Vantronics Rescue II residential photoelectric smoke detector (I havent figured out the model number yet) is really cool. It has a blue horn that does continuous and the led is steady when it goes off, It takes two batterys for some reason and I dont really know why.
heres my video on it https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eFGkiuAxm4&t=48s
benson41011
Serious Participant
Serious Participant

tubbysalarms05 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 9:02 pm
Those are made by ESL. One of my friends has the regular ESL version but I think his takes one 9v battery. It also has the blue MuRata piezo and sounds in continuous.
Jesse
YouTube Username: JDL Productions

So after being inactive on this forum for several months, I figured I'd show some of the most recent updates to my smoke alarm collection. These are all alarms that I've acquired within the last couple of months or so.
-Gillette Captain Kelly 941. It is a 120VAC line cord powered photoelectric unit from the late 70's or so. I believe it is a rebranded ESL 206.
-Sunbeam Centurion II 45-51 from the late 80's or so. It is a rebranded FireX FXB.
-Radio Shack 49-466. It is a rebranded Universal SS-750, which I believe is a rebranded Probe 101, not positive though. Again, this is a late 80's early 90's or so unit.
-First Alert SA67D, first generation version. This is the slightly more uncommon variant with a white test button. These were made is the late 80's, and some of the earlier versions were labeled as SA76RD. I have the box for it in storage.

Some technical error wouldn't allow me to attach the photo I was going to attach, but I think you get the idea of what they are.
Jesse
YouTube Username: JDL Productions

Jesse wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 1:34 am
So after being inactive on this forum for several months, I figured I'd show some of the most recent updates to my smoke alarm collection. These are all alarms that I've acquired within the last couple of months or so.
-Gillette Captain Kelly 941. It is a 120VAC line cord powered photoelectric unit from the late 70's or so. I believe it is a rebranded ESL 206.
-Sunbeam Centurion II 45-51 from the late 80's or so. It is a rebranded FireX FXB.
-Radio Shack 49-466. It is a rebranded Universal SS-750, which I believe is a rebranded Probe 101, not positive though. Again, this is a late 80's early 90's or so unit.
-First Alert SA67D, first generation version. This is the slightly more uncommon variant with a white test button. These were made is the late 80's, and some of the earlier versions were labeled as SA76RD. I have the box for it in storage.

Some technical error wouldn't allow me to attach the photo I was going to attach, but I think you get the idea of what they are.