Has anyone ever talked to a fire alarm technician about their interest in fire alarms

I talked to a technician from Performance Systems Integration, when they were testing a fire alarm system, they were surprised and were pretty friendly when talking to them. I want to know if anyone has ever talked to a fire alarm technician before about their fire alarm interests.

I have 15 years ago.

I’ve talked with a worker from NFPA if that counts. She was very friendly and even offered to have me visit the technical committee if I happen to come to Massachusetts.

Otherwise, my parents are looking into getting me in contact with FPEs and insurance providers since a building I attend frequently is getting renovated pretty soon.
I actually need to get in touch with them now that I think about it since I am going to propose a project for the building. eeek

I hope that your proposal for the building goes well then!

[quote=DownsLife+Safety post_id=84673 time=1564547006 user_id=4181]

I’ve talked with a worker from NFPA if that counts. She was very friendly and even offered to have me visit the technical committee if I happen to come to Massachusetts.

Otherwise, my parents are looking into getting me in contact with FPEs and insurance providers since a building I attend frequently is getting renovated pretty soon.
I actually need to get in touch with them now that I think about it since I am going to propose a project for the building. eeek

[/quote]

It counts, as long as it somebody that is involved in fire alarms and fire safety

A long time ago when I was in 6th grade back in 2004 we had the fire department come into the school to inspect the alarms and to make sure that the system was working and that the evacuation plans actually were the fastest way out of the building. I asked one of them if they were gonna test the fire alarms and they said only if I wanted them to.

Of which, I responded with a quick and frightened “NO”! :lol:

Well I somehow did, the guy was really surprised but was very understanding about my interest, we could have gone for hours on this matter but he was called off to another site for another system checkup, so yeah.