Can you reuse old equipment on newer systems

I was told that you cannot reuse old fire alarm equipment i.e. pull stations and notification appliances, is that true?

If you are talking about new-old stock, then yes you can use it because that is what my high school did twice with alarms. Adding 2 new Simplex 2901-9838 horns on 4903-9101 strobes on both sides of a wall they used to divide the freshman wing and replacing the Space Age Electronics 2DCD horns on AV32 flashers with Siemens U-MMT horn/strobes.

If you are talking about using alarms and pulls that came from an old building, then I don’t think that you can.

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=84732 time=1565160942 user_id=18]

If you are talking about new-old stock, then yes you can use it because that is what my high school did twice with alarms. Adding 2 new Simplex 2901-9838 horns on 4903-9101 strobes on both sides of a wall they used to divide the freshman wing and replacing the Space Age Electronics 2DCD horns on AV32 flashers with Siemens U-MMT horn/strobes.

If you are talking about using alarms and pulls that came from an old building, then I don’t think that you can.

[/quote]

Used

If that is the case, then I’m pretty sure it is a big no-no to hook up old and worn equipment up in a new building especially if the other devices there are brand new or at least newer than what you took out of another building.