Unknown Unitec Pull Station?

So I was walking to get to the laundry room of my college dorm and I saw an interesting pull station in the stairwell near the basement laundry rooms. It was a strange little plastic T bar with a label that said “UNITEC”. It looked like a cross between a Simplex T bar and a RSG RMS-1T but plastic. Does anyone know about the history of this pull station? (BTW the dorms have System Sensor advances from a remodel, the plastic T bar is the only left in the dorm building.) :?

Something like this?

[quote=Alexis_T post_id=84763 time=1565367853 user_id=3602]

Something like this?

[/quote]

Yes. But the “T handle” is whiter and not yellowed and branded by Unitec.

Unfortunately, I don’t think these had a known model number, I’ve seen some of them rebranded by Potter or Spruling, but that’s about it :frowning:

[quote=Alexis_T post_id=84769 time=1565382117 user_id=3602]

Unfortunately, I don’t think these had a known model number, I’ve seen some of them rebranded by Potter or Spruling, but that’s about it :frowning:

[/quote]

Ah crap, They look cool and I am trying to get my hands on them.

They are indeed very unique when it comes to design (almost looks like a cartoonist rendition of a T-bar :P) I’ve been on the hunt for one, but the shipping would be a real killer for me (I live from the other side of the pond so nuh-uh)

Addendum : if that helps, it seems that the model number for the Potter branded ones is FA-50 it’s still not known about the Unitec/Spruling ones.

[quote=Alexis_T post_id=84776 time=1565428477 user_id=3602]

almost looks like a cartoonist rendition of a T-bar :stuck_out_tongue:
[/quote]

Yeah it really does. They are very old (Going from dates from http://firealarmcollector.com/index.php/about/devices-by-brand/other-brands/ from as far as 1975! :wink:

I wanna see what it looks like.