Do elevator cars ever have smoke detectors or sprinklers inside them?

Do elevator cars ever have smoke detectors or sprinklers inside them?

Sprinklers in elevator cars is impossible, unless you have a solution to bring water to a cab that constantly move.

But smoke detectors in an elevator car? Maybe, but I don’t think that’s even allowed per code! And even so I still see some elevators that have emergency lights inside of the car.

You are more than likely to find those devices in elevator shafts and control rooms - not in the elevators themselves.

Not sure if it is actually something that is actually tried. At least I know in all of the elevators I have been in I didn’t see a smoke detector.

It’s unusual, but I have come across a few elevators with fire alarms in them. I stayed at a hotel once where the elevator had a Fire-Lite smoke detector mounted above a Wheelock ET-1080 speaker. I’ve never seen sprinklers in an elevator before, though.

never even thought that actual ALARMS and not just detectors could be installed in elevators so that is a first. :!:

In 40 years of working in the fire alarm industry I have never installed a smoke detector in an elevator cab. In low rise buildings using horns and strobes I never installed those in elevator cabs. In high rise applications requiring a voice communication fire alarm system speakers and fire fighter telephone jacks are required in elevator cabs. Those are on circuits dedicated to each elevator group. Like others commenting, I do not see a practical way to install a sprinkler head in an elevator cab.