2 horn/strobes in a small classroom?

Do some of your small classes have 2 horn/strobes in them?

My high school was originally a modular high school, meaning that “classrooms” could be configured to different sizes for different needs via removable walls. Most classrooms could be doubled in size (as in, there was one divider that separated two rooms), but some could be tripled or even quadrupled in size. Due to budget issues and increasing class sizes, the modular concept was scrapped in the mid-2000s, but most of the temporary walls remain at least partially, although some have been taken down all together or replaced with permanent walls. All of that madness has resulted in some very bizarre fire alarm placement in classrooms (since the wiring and notification appliances all date to 2003, when the school was still modular). Most of the double-sized rooms have two horn/strobes to this day (for the record, these rooms are only slightly larger than a conventional classroom and are not actually the size of two modern classrooms put together), but a number of double-sized rooms that were subdivided smaller have no horn/strobes. This is hard to explain without a visual, but basically the biggest classrooms at my school (like the science labs), have no horn/strobes since they’re technically smaller than the rooms with a divider, even though without a divider they’re quite a bit larger. That results in some larger classrooms in my school having two horn/strobes and some having none, with most medium-sized classrooms having the typical one horn/strobe setup. It’s pretty confusing, and even I don’t totally understand the reasoning behind it, but back in 2003 the only rooms that were required to have horn/strobes were those aforementioned larger classrooms that were still large WITH the dividers up. Because my school hasn’t had a major fire alarm upgrade since the classrooms went traditional, the classrooms that formerly were divided into twos or fours have no devices because at the time they didn’t meet the occupancy requirements for a notification appliance. Phew… I just confused myself typing that out.

Can’t say that any of the schools I have been in had two horn/strobes in a small classroom but my elementary school there was one horn/strobe in a small classroom and that was the reading interventionist’s office which was located inside of the library and which used to be a small self-contained class for grades 4 to 6 and had a Gentex SHG horn/strobe in it.

At my high school, some small spaces do have a horn/strobe in them even though I think that is pretty much overkill. Examples include the small hallway outside the social worker’s office, the nurse’s office and the two school-to-career offices which are in one suite across the hall from the guidance suite. I have heard how loud the horn in the hall to the social worker’s office is and its really bad (not as bad as a 2DCD thankfully and the alarms there were Simplex 2901-9838 horns on 4903-9101 strobe plates)