Compartmentalization vs. Nearest Exit

My school has an unusual way of evacuating a building. Rather than taking the nearest exits which could involve traveling through a stairwell or another hallway, they have us remain in the same compartment and walk over to an exit further away.
Below is what our school requires us to do:

Here’s the way out via the nearest exit:

I understand that compartmentalization helps reduce the risk of coming across a fire, but is this justifiable to not use the nearest exit? Keep in mind all of our fire doors have windows on them and most stairwell doors are kept open until the fire alarm sounds.

Schools putting together fire evacuation routes sometimes end up with an exit that doesn’t make any sense for some reason. Like I said, my high school has a nine room modular building and ALL the classes evacuate out the front doors because the front doors face the school and the back doors go off the property. You think they would have had half and half go out each door but they don’t. Classes in the modular building are only instructed to go out the back doors if the front is blocked. That was one thing I really didn’t understand.

When I was in Grade 4, our class had an fire exit door, yet our evacuation route was to still exit out the hallway and out the doors. Always found it weird why they listed the exit door in the class an alternate route and not the main one.

The cosmetology shop at my high school did that. The main room where they did hair had two doors in there that were possible exit routes. The door that lead into the hallway (which had the infamous deafening 2DCD+AV32 outside it) and a glass door that took you directly outside. The evacuation map showed that they had to go out through the hallway which confused me. At first I thought that the glass door was for customers (because the shop had juniors and seniors there that could give haircuts) but that couldn’t be it because I don’t think the school would let STRANGERS waltz in through those doors (or if they did, not anymore because of all the school shootings) so I had no clue why that door was even there.

Contrast with MY shop, which was Business Technology (which sadly is no longer there). The actual work room had an exit door but the theory room didn’t and it said we had to go out through the hallway. However whenever the fire alarm went off, if we where in there the teachers would have us go out in the hallway and cut THROUGH the shop which was right next door but the door to get into the shop itself you had to pull towards you which isn’t supposed to be done according to fire codes.