Overpriced Panels

I was on eBay and found this FCI Flex 10 zone conventional panel. This price is WAYYYYYYYYY too high for a glorified Fire-Lite MS-5-UD

It looks like this seller is trying to get full retail price. There is another one on EBAY advertised as new for $725 +$30 shipping.

JEM security sells them for $902.97.
https://www.jemsecurity.com/shop/gamewell-fci/gf510-fci-gamewell

There is no standard price for a fire alarm panel, it is up to whoever is selling it to set their price.

[quote=RSSAlarms post_id=85823 time=1578186882 user_id=4672]

There is no standard price for a fire alarm panel, it is up to whoever is selling it to set their price.

[/quote]

Oh. I meant that it is stupid because other sellers are like all at 500$ as it is just a MS-10.

Not as bad as $250 for a single AS…

[quote=EpicFireAlarms post_id=85834 time=1578277675 user_id=3400]

Not as bad as $250 for a single AS…

[/quote]

excuse me as i throw up in the bin

I’m sure I could just go out to an E-Waste facility and get a Wheelock AS for FREE if i was that desperate that I would consider paying that price. :roll:

Some sellers have a reason for overpricing fire alarm equipment. One is Buy Fire Alarm Parts. They sell, repair, and refurbish alarm equipment. They do sell their equipment quite pricey, yet let’s admit it, we’re all pretty cheap. The reason they would sell equipment at that price is due to the labor of refurbishing the equipment.

Like I said in a previous post, there is no standard pricing for fire alarm equipment.

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=85846 time=1578365995 user_id=18]

I’m sure I could just go out to an E-Waste facility and get a Wheelock AS for FREE if i was that desperate that I would consider paying that price. :roll:

[/quote]

Yeah! Or a thrift store/ReStore.

People would have to have such large haughtiness to think they can get off on selling a very common device for prices that equate to highway robbery.