Peaking in employee only areas of stores to see fire alarm stuff.

Do you ever peak inside the doors of employee only areas of stores to see the fire alarm NAs. I’ve been guilty of this.

I have wanted to but I was too afraid that I would get caught. The closest that I have ever been to this is looking through the window if I walk by.

Yeah, that is what I do. Look through the window as I walk by or if the door is open look inside the door.

When I was around 9 (2009) my dad worked at a Wal-Mart as a garden forklift operator and had a little office in the backroom. This meant one day me and my mom went to do some errands and we ended up at his store (system is wheelock MTs and radionics t bars) and we met up with him in the front wedged between the Subway door and the Bosch keypad, he was like “I can show you the back!” and I was like “uhhhhh, sure i guess” so he dragged me to the back and shoved open the doors into a backroom behind the electric department. I got a faceful of a Bosch FPA-1000-V2 and 5 or 6 NAC boosters with a RSS above. At least the break room vending machine had cokes though.

So I have not peaked (as its bad and can get me kicked out) but I HAVE seen store systems in backrooms from entering a backroom as a small gulible child.

(I have seen FA equipment in restroom halls and I ended up inspecting them to the point where the person on the bench next to me is like D: )

I did one time, but that one wouldn’t count anyways since the panel was visible through a windowed door :mrgreen:

I know I’m several months late to the party, but I’ve mostly obeyed the signs and stayed out, though I did once have the fortune of being let inside a back room where the panels were located. It was at a nursing home, one of the staff there noticed me studying the fire alarm system and asked if I wanted to see the room where the panel was located. Of course, I said yes, so he took me into said room. On one wall was a HUGE Fire-Lite Sensiscan-series panel alongside a newer Silent Knight panel. (don’t know the exact model number, looks similar to the 5208 but not exactly) I’m pretty sure the Sensiscan is original to the building and the Silent Knight panel was added later because of more zones or signals. (or other system additions the Sensiscan couldn’t support) I recall seeing at least one Vibratone with a VALS strobe not too far from the panel room, along with MASSes in the hallways outside the rooms. There were also Lifesaver smoke alarms in the rooms themselves. Don’t really remember much else about the system.

Another occasion was at a library where we used to live, again one of the staff was kind enough to let me back into one of the mechanical rooms. I kid you not: this library had SIX panels! A Siemens FS-250, which I believe was the main fire alarm panel, a Cerberus Pyrotronics Voicecom voice evac panel, (because for some reason despite being a relatively small building the system had speaker/strobes) two Siemens PAD-3 NAC extenders, an Ademco Vista-20E security panel, and a Silent Knight 5104B which I’m pretty sure was only there as a DACT.

I also glimpsed a Notifier Firewarden 100 through the open door of another library once.