Free SA769AC (I think)

I purchased a house, and this was the only detector in it. I just swapped it out for a hardwired first alert with battery backup (people complain about false alarms, but the kidde’s seem worse… no option.

It was really hard to identify, but google eventually led me to this forum which let me know it was really old and to replace it.

So if someone wants it I can send it to them rather than chucking it in the trash (assuming the radioactive material doesn’t complicate shipping USPS).

I’m kinda interested in it. If there is a shipping fee, I’m out.

You can ship them, because it has only a minute amount of americium 241, not enough to hurt or damage something.

Pleas PM me if you want to give it to me because I’m interested.

No shipping, it’s light enough it can’t be more than few dollars. I’ll PM you.

Thank you!

Just out of curiosity, how much Americium 241 is needed in something before it ends up harming a person through radioactivity?

Im also interested just in case the other person doesn’t take it. I can also PM you if you want. I was lucky to get a First Alert SA76RS from this forum so why not try my luck again.

He’s sending it to me, too late!

Enjoy it. 8) 8) . Im looking more DC (battery) smoke alarms but AC ones are cool. I have a Nortron TR88 AC powered detector circa 1981, That thing is loud as I found when I got it powered up last year at a workshop for the first time in its life.

Even though I don’t collect any fire warning equipment, I do think it would be cool to find an AC smoke alarm that is hard-wired somewhere even though I know the chances of that happening now are pretty rare.

thats a 769 alright

I’m wondering if RSS Alarms has gotten it yet because I haven’t heard anything from him about testing it.

One of the ones I’ve been after for awhile. I’m also after the battery powered model 77R.

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=86478 time=1584075547 user_id=18]

I’m wondering if RSS Alarms has gotten it yet because I haven’t heard anything from him about testing it.

[/quote]

I have it, I haven’t tested it yet because I don’t know how to power it.

Is there anybody that you can ask to see if they would know?

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=86484 time=1584128954 user_id=18]

Is there anybody that you can ask to see if they would know?

[/quote]

I’ll ask benson

I hope you can figure it out. It would be a massive shame if you got a detector like that for free but you couldn’t power it up because you had no clue.

[quote=RSSAlarms post_id=86482 time=1584119673 user_id=4672]

[/quote]

Get an old extension cord and cut the socket end off. Wire the white and black wires, the green is ground and isn’t needed.

[quote=benson41011 post_id=86493 time=1584221553 user_id=2947] [quote=RSSAlarms post_id=86482 time=1584119673 user_id=4672]

[/quote]

Get an old extension cord and cut the socket end off. Wire the white and black wires, the green is ground and isn’t needed.

[/quote]

Thanks!

It 100% works (dunno if it can still detect). I pressed the test button and it buzzed really loudly.

Those 3 wires are hot neutral ground as per normal colors.

To wire it up, find a polarized outlet, and put the black wire in the small slot (hot) and the white one in the large slot. (neutral) The green wire is interconnect.