Honeywell FS90 FACP's w/EBI front end

I posted this message below in the “Fire Alarm Help” section and haven’t had any responses. Thought maybe I would re-post it here in case someone on this discussion thread has some familiarity with my FA system. Sorry for any redundancy this causes.

Hello folks,

At our facility we have a large Honeywell FA system containing 18 nodes (18 - FS90 FACP’s) w/approx 4500 initiating devices. This system is approx 30-40 years old. and has been through several expansions over the years (none in past 10 years. only T.I.'s, remodels, etc. which would just increase the data on the existing SLC due to still available address’s).

The 'Head End" is an approx 8-10 year old Honeywell EBI (Enterprise Buildings Integrator) that we are using for the FA system only. There also is two (2) Honeywell XLS3000 panels used to integrate the “in house” PA system.
IE: whenever there is an ALARM condition on the Honeywell system, a pre-recorded voice announcement comes over the PA system and announce’s where the ALARM condition is at.

The server operating system interfacing with the EBI is self contained (not part of our I.T. network) Windows XP version.

I believe the original Head End installation was something called “Delta”?

Anyway, just wondering if there are any people on this forum who are also familiar with this particular FA system? I sometimes have questions (have some questions now) and most likely I can help out others with this type of system, etc. as I have been playing with it for over 5 years now.

DeltaNet was the original marketing name for the FS90.

We do have a user who had an FS90 - his username is Destin, although he isn’t active here anymore, he will respond to private messages. It was only a standalone panel, but he might be able to help out.

Also, just curious: when you say the XLS3000’s integrate with the PA system, do you mean that the PA system receives the audio from the XLS3000’s Digital Voice Command?

Also, since FS90’s are quite rare, I’m sure a more than a few users here would like to see pictures of this system…

I’m assuming that the MacKenzie Audio system is triggered by the XLS3000. I honestly don’t know if the pre-recorded messages are recorded on the Mackenzie system and just triggered by the XLS3000 or if the messages are programmed into the XLS3000. My guestimation is that the MacKenzie stores all of the info (there is rows of Amplifiers that I think are assigned to each floor/area) and that the XLS3000 “triggers” the appropriate amplifier.

Yes, I’ll try to get some photos on here soon.

[quote=richarj post_id=86487 time=1584135056 user_id=5951]

I’m assuming that the MacKenzie Audio system is triggered by the XLS3000. I honestly don’t know if the pre-recorded messages are recorded on the Mackenzie system and just triggered by the XLS3000 or if the messages are programmed into the XLS3000. My guestimation is that the MacKenzie stores all of the info (there is rows of Amplifiers that I think are assigned to each floor/area) and that the XLS3000 “triggers” the appropriate amplifier.

[/quote]

If there’s a microphone on the XLS3000, then the XLS3000 has voice-evac, which is what would be generating the messages in that case. Some PA systems have an “emergency” input that overrides everything else, which is probably what the XLS3000 is hooked up to.

I’ve seen and heard of some other fire alarm systems that are tied to PA systems, in every instance it is the fire alarm system that handles the messages - and areas not covered by the PA system had speaker/strobes that were tied directly to the fire alarm system.

Did you get your XLS3000/EBI /Delta questions answered? I may be able to help.