Simplex 4010 Dact Programming

Good Morning. I am trying to reprogram the DACT on my Simplex 4010. How do I accomplish this task? Where would I get the PC programming application and serial cable to do this. Is there a way to program from the panel? Should I just connect the panel to an external communicator?

I take it this is the original 4010 and not the new 4010ES.

A 4010 with the internal DACT cannot be programmed through the front panel.

When a 4010 includes an internal DACT the 4010 programmer software generates a file that is used by the separate DACT programmer software. The 4010 programmer version has to match the system version in the 4010 panel. The 4010 software requires a USB security device connected to the computer to operate. The 4010 programmer, DACT programmer, and download cable would have to be purchased from JCI which now owns the Simplex brand. Purchasing the software requires signing a legal document which states you take full responsibility for correct operation of the system.

An external communicator can be used. However, the 4010 would require a program change to remove the internal DACT. Relays may have to be added and programmed depending on how many separate conditions are being reported to the central station.