Anyone remember a collector by the name of "Scottparsons2008"?

He was a fairly small name in the community I’d say, I recall he had a system in his basement, can’t recall the devices especially since they’d change every test he did, though I do know he built his own voice evacuation panel out of a fire extinguisher cabinet. I also remember him having an EST Fireshield panel in a different system setup. Later on he deleted pretty much all of his videos except a few of muster drills. Eventually his channel disappeared from YouTube. I seem to be the only one who remembers his existence. Anyone else remember him/his name?

I don’t, but I clearly remember CoffeeAndSugar20. As a matter of fact, I don’t live too far from him, though I never visited him. He had a system in his room, and would occasionally cuss sometimes. I do remember a system test, where he pointed the middle finger at a bathroom mirror, LOL.

There are References to Scottparsons2008 in old videos of various enthusiasts.

Huh, well then, I guess that’s all we have to go on on his existence.

I know CoffeeAndSugar20, I believe most recently he dropped by NewAgeServer’s house and got to host a System Test, from what I can see he’s completely left the fire alarm community, or at least stopped being interested in them.

Other collectors that I’ve known that have since fallen into obscurity are:
The Big Green, or The Big Green Fire Alarms. He once had a sizable amount of videos on his channel, (I’m still subscribed to his channel in fact) but at one point he took them all down for an unknown reason and hasn’t been active since.

102help, who’s channel still exists but has been done with fire alarms for years now. (he doesn’t even appear to be active anymore) I have a Simplex 4903-9236 and a “Pyr-A-Larm” branded version of the Siemens MS-51 that I bought from him, was planning on buying the rest of the alarms he was selling but never did. He did open up a second fire alarm-related channel, (TheGentexGuy) but only posted two videos on it and he hasn’t been active on that channel since.

Ronnocbot, someone who was really looking to be promising in the community as a new member…and then he went defunct for several YEARS. He did recently say that he’ll try to come back at some point this year, but that the new video he makes will supposedly be his last one. He said that mostly school and his job were what prevented him from making videos.

I wonder: should we start a topic dedicated entirely to all the members of the fire protection community, past and present?

Doesn’t sound like a bad idea to me, go get em!

[quote=CarsonFireAlarm post_id=86649 time=1585440527 user_id=2958]

Huh, well then, I guess that’s all we have to go on on his existence.

I know CoffeeAndSugar20, I believe most recently he dropped by NewAgeServer’s house and got to host a System Test, from what I can see he’s completely left the fire alarm community, or at least stopped being interested in them.

Other collectors that I’ve known that have since fallen into obscurity are:
The Big Green, or The Big Green Fire Alarms. He once had a sizable amount of videos on his channel, (I’m still subscribed to his channel in fact) but at one point he took them all down for an unknown reason and hasn’t been active since.

102help, who’s channel still exists but has been done with fire alarms for years now. (he doesn’t even appear to be active anymore) I have a Simplex 4903-9236 and a “Pyr-A-Larm” branded version of the Siemens MS-51 that I bought from him, was planning on buying the rest of the alarms he was selling but never did. He did open up a second fire alarm-related channel, (TheGentexGuy) but only posted two videos on it and he hasn’t been active on that channel since.

Ronnocbot, someone who was really looking to be promising in the community as a new member…and then he went defunct for several YEARS. He did recently say that he’ll try to come back at some point this year, but that the new video he makes will supposedly be his last one. He said that mostly school and his job were what prevented him from making videos.

I wonder: should we start a topic dedicated entirely to all the members of the fire protection community, past and present?

[/quote]

Do you remember FireAlarmJrTech9?

I remember Scottparsons2008’s channel. IIRC, he was mostly active between 2008/2009 and 2011/2012. I believe he initially had a setup in his basement and later added a full FireShield system to his garage. He was likely the first person on YouTube to post a video of a first-generation Genesis (with the high-pitched buzzing tone).

I just checked this forum’s list of members and it appears that he joined in early 2009. However, he doesn’t have any post posts.

RSSAlarms, I believe I recall hearing him mentioned in a few of NewAgeServer’s System Tests, but that’s about it, don’t think I ever actually looked at his channel. Is he another member who retired recently?

I also recall another user that’s still around but who took down all their fire alarm-related videos: VideoGamer24385, also with NewAge for several of his System Tests. The videos I best remember him having up were:
“Fire Alarm Malfunction”, showing some kind of Simplex panel going crazy and repeatedly broadcasting a skipping whoop tone over the speaker/strobes in his system. (“skipping” meaning it would start to play the whoop but would then “skip” back to the beginning of the tone and repeat) I believe one of them was a Wheelock and the other was a Simplex. Don’t remember the exact models of any of the components, though I seem to recall the description being “The (panel number, 4000 series IIRC) blew up”. Always entertaining to hear the whoop tone skipping as the panel struggled to broadcast it over the speakers.

“Beethoven’s Fire Alarm” and “Bon Jovi’s Fire Alarm”, featuring a Simplex 4903-series mechanical horn/strobe, a System Sensor Spectralert Classic ceiling-mount horn/strobe, and a horizontal strobe MT remixed to those artists’ songs. Again, videos I REALLY enjoyed watching and it’s a shame they no longer exist.

He also had three outdoor warning siren remixes posted that I enjoyed listening to: “Yakety Siren”, a Thunderbolt remixed to the Benny Hill theme, “Super Siren Bros.”, a P50 remixed to the Super Mario Bros. theme, and “Legend Of Siren”, an ACA Howler remixed to the Legend Of Zelda theme. Sadly he eventually took those videos down too.

I do, in fact, remember him… In fact, I remember other fire alarm enthusiasts that have completely disappeared: especially alarm997 (apparently moved on to photography, and leaving no evidence to the fact that he was a fire alarm enthusiast), and danll5.

[quote=RSSAlarms post_id=86654 time=1585460962 user_id=4672]

[/quote]

Yes… but did you know that he decided to start over on a new channel/alias named “FireAlarm5000” back in 2015?

Yeah, I vaguely recall alarm997 too, though I mostly only know him thanks to “Is It A Good Idea To Microwave This?”, which he donated a broken 7001T to. I seem to recall some of his older, now gone videos, including one where I believe he tested an Edwards heat detector hooked to his Fire-Lite panel. Been some years since I believe I saw any of his videos so the details are a little fuzzy.

Oh yeah, danll5, I’ve only ever heard him mentioned in Xsk8r114’s (another now-defunct member of the community) 4005 test video as well as NewAge’s coded pull system test.

Ah yes, I just investigate Tech’s channel and found that he moved to a new one. For the time being it SEEMS like he’s still into fire alarms.

By the way, would any of you tell me how I would go about starting an alarm community member list, specifically one that could be added to by the community as needed. (if any of you know about collectors, current or past, that I don’t know about, because I’m sure I don’t know about half the collectors that have ever existed)

P.S. I’ve seen some ripoffs of various companies’ devices, should that be another topic started? (I’d love one frankly, then we could showcase knockoffs of companies’ products, especially since I’ve got a few to showcase myself)
P.S.S. Could someone please explain how to change one’s name? I can’t seem to figure it out
P.S.S.S. Chupacabra, could you link me to his profile please?

Anyone remember Trainmaster1212, Systemsensor224, and cjgoot?

I do, vaguely, except for Systemsensor.

CoffeeAndSugar20 had a few videos up at one point like around 3 years ago. He had a Simplex 4005, A Simplex 4002, and I believe an ADT 6008 IIRC. I also remember a video where he touched the diaphragm of a simplex 4051 doing March time. He also threw a box at a wall mount Spectralert on the ceiling that refused to go off. He also had a Gentex commander connected to a power supply in one system vid. I remember a lot of his videos.

Since I’m sorta running out of disappeared collectors to name, would you mind answering a few of my prior questions please? Thanks.

[quote=firealarmveteran15 post_id=86659 time=1585512591 user_id=854]

I do, in fact, remember him… In fact, I remember other fire alarm enthusiasts that have completely disappeared: especially alarm997 (apparently moved on to photography, and leaving no evidence to the fact that he was a fire alarm enthusiast), and danll5.

[quote=RSSAlarms post_id=86654 time=1585460962 user_id=4672]

[/quote]

Yes… but did you know that he decided to start over on a new channel/alias named “FireAlarm5000” back in 2015?

[/quote]

Danll5 and Alarm997 are nothing but just names now. FireAlarmJrTech9 did restart his fire alarm interest for a while as Firealarm5000, with pretty much the same collection as before, but with a more professional looking system, and better video quality than before.

[quote=CarsonFireAlarm post_id=86660 time=1585513730 user_id=2958]

P.S. I’ve seen some ripoffs of various companies’ devices, should that be another topic started? (I’d love one frankly, then we could showcase knockoffs of companies’ products, especially since I’ve got a few to showcase myself)
P.S.S. Could someone please explain how to change one’s name? I can’t seem to figure it out

[/quote]

1: yes, that would be a good idea to show off the knockoff alarms, but that might violate the brand bashing rule, so please be careful what you say about them.

2: I don’t know how to change it, please ask the moderators, they know

3: I’ll let chupacabra answer that one.

I went on The Wayback Machine, and found a few interesting things along that way.

Danll5’s channel, circa 2008. Apparently he had to give up alarms and now xsk8r114 now owns his channel.

CoffeeAndSugar20’s channel, circa 2010.

Twoplyboy’s old profile picture, he now has the default YouTube profile pic with the letter.

[quote=CarsonFireAlarm post_id=86660 time=1585513730 user_id=2958]

[/quote]

Here’s the link to his profile. Unfortunately, it features no useful information. You can view a list of this forum’s past and current members by clicking on “Members” at the bottom of this page.

Speaking of the fire alarm enthusiast community in the late 2000s, does anyone else remember a forum named “The FACP” or “The Fire Alarm Collectors’ Planet”? If I’m not mistaken, it was operated by Trainmaster1212. I recall this website popping up around late 2008 and quickly becoming quite active; it was a serious competitor for TSW. It didn’t stay around for long, however, as it was already defunct by the time DFA became popular. I’m starting to wonder if it was a figment of my imagination as I can’t find a single trace of this website (even with the Wayback Machine)!

Fascinating finds RSS.

Had no idea that Xsk8r114 took over Dan’s channel, though I know they did meet in person in his 4005 test video. “Had to give up alarms” huh? Wonder what that could have meant.

Ah yes, twoplyboy, our “man in Canada” you might say. A shame he had to private most of his videos thanks to complaints from building owners. One of his videos that I remember the most was when he was doing testing at an ice rink. After showing the panel, a Simplex 4001 IIRC, he walks over to a Simplex-rebranded MPS-950B pull station and activates it. A second after the rink’s FA bells start ringing, the security siren also sounds! As soon as he gets out of the room with the siren it in, he says “Ahhh, much better!”. He even said down in the description that a security system’s siren activating when the fire alarm system activates is a no-no, probably due to being confusing for the occupants.

Speaking of defunct, any idea what happened to NewAgeServer’s old site? The link can still be found on his channel and other places, but the site itself appears to no longer exist. If so, what a shame in my opinion, especially since it had a lot of nice pictures of alarms on it and some useful information too. Been able to go to it via the Wayback Machine, but a lot of the pictures and pages have not been archived by the site.

I tried using The Wayback Machine/The Internet Archive in an attempt to find Scott’s old channel, but no luck.

Got any answers for me on making a community list? (as I described above)

Thanks for the link Chupacabra. Can’t say I remember a community like that.

What about TSSCman123? Let’s also move the topic to this one for now: <URL url="Old Fire Alarm Enthusiasts - #2 by Simplex_4051 text=“viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10450&p=86673#p86673”>Old Fire Alarm Enthusiasts - #2 by Simplex_4051

There is a video on YouTube of someone demonstrating a notifier brg-1 that they got from Scottparsons2008