Simplex 4004-9103C

I know there’s an old topic about someone needing to troubleshoot one of these panels, but I figured I’d start a new one to show off the 4004-9103C. It is basically the 4004 that was designed for Canadian installs because it has Zone LED annunciaton on the door (which is what it should have had in the first place). I didn’t even know the 4004 was made in Canada until I found this panel at work. They also come with 8 zones out of the box (which mine has) because of how the annunciaton wires up. Basically, each annunciaton LED goes to the aux terminal on the zone card, which also explains why the zones share a positive terminal, and the 24v aux power goes to the annunciaton board. This one is in MINT condition, and is one of the rarest pieces in my collection.

It does look really nice! Very sleek and modern! You must have really been surprised you got it if it was rare.

[quote="Simplex 4051" post_id=86731 time=1585949180 user_id=18]

It does look really nice! Very sleek and modern! You must have really been surprised you got it if it was rare.

[/quote]

It was replaced because the transformer and board went bad. Luckily I had spares for both those things at home so now it works like new. I found it in the warehouse and my boss said to just take it

Awesome find! I’ve never come across one of these panels in person. It’s always cool to see uncommon versions of well-known alarms; I’m particularly interested in ULC listed versions of devices.

[quote="El Chupacabra" post_id=86737 time=1585964254 user_id=2572]

Awesome find! I’ve never come across one of these panels in person. It’s always cool to see uncommon versions of well-known alarms; I’m particularly interested in ULC listed versions of devices.

[/quote]

It’s funny too because the 4005 never had any sort of LED annunciaton. The 4005-9101C only had the city dacts included and low battery cutout