Obscure FACPs anyone?

Here’s a bit of a silly topic, obscure FACP.

I’d love to hear about the most obscure systems you ever stumbled upon. Be it because there is lackluster documentation on it, or just that there is no trace of the manufacturer anywhere. Feel free to post pics of your obscure systems and what little of information you have on it.

I’ll start: 1993 Sicli TSI-12 (10 zones, conventional).

Just hauled this old beast from my friend’s place, that friend who bought this odd unit in Southern France. It works but we couldn’t get it to activate… Had to get a bit creative there.

The panel does respond to commands, but we can’t figure out a way to connect the IDCs and NAs.

There is absolutely NO DOCUMENTATION anywhere on the internet, I’ve been sleuthing the web for a year or so about this unit, nothing turned up.

A lot of the older Edwards panels I have, I can’t find any documentation on the panels whatsoever.

1 Like
[quote=EdwardsFan post_id=87046 time=1589679359 user_id=85]

A lot of the older Edwards panels I have, I can’t find any documentation on the panels whatsoever.

[/quote]

I can relate, it’s always a bit frightening to do a lot of “trial and error” on obscure units, eventually, you can come across someone who happens to have the documentation about said units.

Relating again to this, I’ve somehow got ahold of a incomplete documentation regarding my Sicli FACP, so hey, it’s a start, I guess.

[attachment=0]410A461F-F585-4DDD-BFF5-7E075BE0248B.jpeg[/attachment]

I’ve only ever seen this once, but here’s an Edwards 5721 system. I’ve heard from a classmate that they’re relay-based (he did some service on a 5721B).

I can’t remember the model numbers of the light plate and the Adaptahorn, but I believe the pull station is actually a cover with a 270-SPO underneath, but I don’t know for sure.

Does anyone have knowledge on old Cerberus Pyrotronics voice panels?
<URL url="Old Cerberus Pyrotronics voice systems?]Here[/url] are some clips.

Pyrotronics offered a conventional panel known as the 3024 in the 1980s. It’s cabinet matched the styling of the XL3 addressable panels. I assume it was the predecessor to the CP-400 series and offered as a lower-cost alternative to the System3 for small jobs. The only reason I know it exists is because of an old eBay listing. I’ll include the (deactivated) link here in case someone can manage to dig up the listing somehow.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pyrotronics-Fire-Alarm-Control-Panel-Metal-Hinged-Cabinet-NEW-OLD-STOCK-/172662302047?hash=item283379a55f:g:wEQAAOSwK6RZDTRe

A few years ago, Destin shared a bunch of <URL url="LOTS of Old Brochures]old ads[/url] showing panels that I had never heard of: the Notifier SAS-200 and CMS-100, Gamewell Flex 500, and Standard Electric Time SET-7080 (which looks suspiciously similar to a Simplex 2001). These panels must have been quite rare as there are no signs of their existence online beyond these brochures.

Here are a few other obscure panels I’ve seen online (none of these pictures are mine):

Edwards 1520A

AIP AI9820

Unelco 7200 (I’d LOVE to learn more about this panel)

Mirtone 9100 (shown here without its cabinet or modules). I believe the 9100 was Mirtone’s first addressable panel; it is likely the only addressable Mirtone panel that is not a rebranded GS product.

Mirtone 712

Simplex 4016 (I believe this is a rebranded Mircom Series 100, which is also an obscure product under its original branding)

[quote=cerbpyro post_id=87106 time=1590805716 user_id=3654]

Pyrotronics offered a conventional panel known as the 3024 in the 1980s. It’s cabinet matched the styling of the XL3 addressable panels. I assume it was the predecessor to the CP-400 series and offered as a lower-cost alternative to the System3 for small jobs. The only reason I know it exists is because of an old eBay listing. I’ll include the (deactivated) link here in case someone can manage to dig up the listing somehow.
[/quote]

I can’t retrieve that page, but I saved a photo from the listing when it was still up (I’m pretty sure it’s from the listing you mentioned):

2 Likes
[quote="El Chupacabra" post_id=87126 time=1590965770 user_id=2572] [quote=cerbpyro post_id=87106 time=1590805716 user_id=3654]

[/quote]

I can’t retrieve that page, but I saved a photo from the listing when it was still up (I’m pretty sure it’s from the listing you mentioned):

[/quote]

THAT’S IT!! Dear Lord, what I’d give to get my hands on one of those…

1 Like

I actually own a Mirtone 712! I took it out of a 3 story walk up and replaced it with an EST Fireshield (the building just wanted to upgrade the panels, nothing was wrong with it). Haven’t had time to play around with it, its currently sitting in my basement.

[quote=EdwardsFan post_id=87182 time=1592093603 user_id=85]

I actually own a Mirtone 712! I took it out of a 3 story walk up and replaced it with an EST Fireshield (the building just wanted to upgrade the panels, nothing was wrong with it). Haven’t had time to play around with it, its currently sitting in my basement.

[/quote]

If you ever have the opportunity to make a video of your 712, I’d love to see it! I’ve never spotted one in person. It’s such a unique-looking panel; its appearance reminds me of some older panels from overseas, such as this Chubb Mk III ZoneMaster from the UK.

[quote="El Chupacabra" post_id=87184 time=1592181375 user_id=2572] [quote=EdwardsFan post_id=87182 time=1592093603 user_id=85]

[/quote]

If you ever have the opportunity to make a video of your 712, I’d love to see it! I’ve never spotted one in person. It’s such a unique-looking panel; its appearance reminds me of some older panels from overseas, such as this Chubb Mk III ZoneMaster from the UK.

[/quote]

Yeah for sure! I’m in the process now of reorganizing my collection so hopefully I can start making some videos, as I’ve gotten some very interesting things over the course of a few years.

A tech who’s been with our company for 25 years has seen, and actually replaced a Mircom FX-1000. Yes that’s correct, an FX-1000. Not FA-1000, FX-1000. It was a rebrand of I believe an addressable FCI panel from the 90s. We have the guts for the panel in our “graveyard” somewhere

3 Likes
[quote=ConorTheFAguy6 post_id=87390 time=1595693646 user_id=4065]

A tech who’s been with our company for 25 years has seen, and actually replaced a Mircom FX-1000. Yes that’s correct, an FX-1000. Not FA-1000, FX-1000. It was a rebrand of I believe an addressable FCI panel from the 90s. We have the guts for the panel in our “graveyard” somewhere

[/quote]

Those panels are indeed quite rare! I’ve only ever seen one FX-1000 (which has since been replaced with an FX-2000). The FX-1000 appears to be a rebranded FCI 7200 Micro.

1 Like

Spectronics seems to be a relatively obscure fire alarm company. Some might know of the 640 series, since there’s a few videos of it on YouTube. The FAS-24B, I don’t think it’s been shown anywhere.

Very small panel from the 70s: 1 zone, 1 NAC, and a remote station output. Outputs 24 VDC filtered, and has battery backup.

It terms of size, it’s comparable to the FireLite MP12/24.

Apparently, any key unlocks the door too. Not sure if that’s intentional or not.

2 Likes

Gamewell flex-500 and ins-2

*ins-2
The ins-2 was another cerberus based panel
It was around in the 1990’s
It used 30765 detector bases and m46-33 “ century “ pulls
1990’s INS-2 ad:

1 Like

Edwards 1211B

I also own this thing

@Caleb_Culwell - The CZ-10, now that brought up a old memory for me… I’ve seen one for sale in my country many years ago, the guy had all the docs and programming stuff with it. (at least, according to the seller’s claim, the pictures just showed the front of the panel and the inside)

I regret having passed it up, if I knew how rare these were…

@FireAlarmGuy12 - That lil’ Edwards looks adorable! I wonder if that panel was made to retrofit an older AC system that had a single loop with the pulls.

@dewpoint8900 - I love how this Spectronics panel looks like it’s from the 50’s-60’s while being much newer :joy:

Neat, I have a 1212B. Looks like this but has two zones and an alarm silence switch. Mine happens to be 12 VDC.

I have an old Unelco FACP from the 60s, very old and very obscure, never seen anything like it.

Funnily enough fellow Canadian collector El Chupacabra got a Unelco-rebranded Standard 200177 sometime last year: both would go together well I’d say.