Best system?

Hey ya’ll, my name is Jaxon, and my YouTube Channek will be coming soon. I have a pretty big collection, and was thinking to myself, “Which of these would be best for my home system?”. None of them, except for the exceders. If anybody has any idea of devices I should use please let me know. Only rules are it needs to be modern, and not simplex. XD

Well let’s break it down by brand. Gentex is personally my favorite (as you can see by my profile), but for actual installations I don’t like them because of their metal mounting brackets that bend, and from experience, I can tell you that they aren’t as loud as most other fire alarms. Wheelock is good, but from what I’ve seen they can get expensive. For real systems, I like System Sensor the most. They are very reliable alarms and get plenty loud. Since this is for a home system, I would go with low frequency alarms. Outside of those three brands, most of the stuff you’ll find is proprietary, like Simplex, so I’d stay away from that.

Hmm, didn’t think about Gentex. Doesn’t the L series save more energy or something? Been thinking about those…

[quote="Jaxon Lewis" post_id=87702 time=1600824940 user_id=6269]

Hmm, didn’t think about Gentex. Doesn’t the L series save more energy or something? Been thinking about those…

[/quote]

Yes, the newer L-Series have a lower current draw, so you could put more devices on a NAC. However, for a home system, you really don’t need to worry too much about current draw since you’re not going to have too many devices. Unless if you really wanted the L-Series, I would go with the original Advances since they’re cheaper. Also, if you’re thinking about Gentex, I didn’t want to try and scare you away from them. They are really good alarms, and the mounting brackets really only become an issue if you change out the alarms frequently. Plus, them being quieter might work to your advantage in a home system.

If you want low-profile for a hobby system in the house, consider EST Genesis signals, they’re available in white and can come unmarked. Gentex is good, although I’m not crazy about the design of the Commander 4 series. I have personally found System Sensor to be my favorite. I have an EVAC hobby system with System Sensor speaker/strobes and I have found that System Sensor speakers are a lot clearer than Wheelock speakers (of course, the amplifier matters too!), and System Sensor’s audible silence strobe synchronization kicks in much faster than Wheelock’s.
The L-Series looks pretty sleek although I have yet to get my hands on any of them to try them out, and for a hobby system I would not worry much about how much power it is using. Obviously you don’t want to exceed the rating of the NAC but unless you’re running 10+ devices on one circuit or are using older vibrating horns, current draw won’t be an issue for most panels.