New Mircom SPPS-series LED speaker/strobes

I came across these new LED speaker/strobes on Mircom’s website earlier today. They had shown up in a Twitter post a little over a year ago and it looks like they finally hit the market.

The wall-mount models look similar to Mircom’s 400-series horns and horn/strobes. The ceiling-mount models, on the other hand, have a distinct appearance; the grille design is rather unique and the devices appear to have an extremely low profile (not sure if this is an optical illusion or if they actually are as thin as they seem).

The Twitter post I’ve linked above also shows new pull stations, but they don’t appear to have been released yet. Judging by the expansion of their LED product line, it looks like Mircom will be moving away from other manufacturers’ signals (System Sensor, Potter/Amseco) in favour of their own in-house products. One of the photos in the Twitter post shows a sign mentioning low-frequency horns and horn/strobes, so I wouldn’t be surprised to see these devices being added to the lineup in the near future.

The triangular shaped grille on the ceiling mount alarms is very unique! It’s interesting to me that System Sensor didn’t go with LED strobes when they released the L-Series line a few years ago. It’s the new trend amongst fire alarm manufacturers now! :lol:

Just found the first video of these speaker/strobes! (Read the comments to find out why a Notifier system has these. Apparently they’re quite cumbersome to install.)

1 Like

Nice find! I’m surprised it took so long for these devices to show up in a video, as they’ve been on the market for over three years. I don’t think I’ve even seen a photo of an SPPS speaker/strobe that wasn’t from Mircom’s website.

I still haven’t seen any of these speaker/strobes in person. I regularly see new Mircom voice systems in my area, but it seems that System Sensor L-Series devices remain the default choice in these installations. Mircom FHS-400 horn/strobes, on the other hand, are becoming quite common.

1 Like