Whats Your Favorite Alarm?

Use this google form to submit your favorite fire alarm, whether it be a notification appliance, initiating device, or one of each. When there are responses, I will post the polls on my fire alarm collection/system website.

Google Form:
https://forms.gle/Zux2FN1sWM4JP2u2A

Fire Alarm Collection/System Website:
https://sites.google.com/view/rdfire

I have lots of favorite alarm devices. But I’d have to say that my top 10 favorite would be:

Wheelock CH70
Simplex 2903
Gentex GOS
System Sensor Mass
FCI HE-8F
Simplex 4251-20
Fire Lite BG-12
Siemens MSI-10
Notifier BNG-1
System Sensor 2400
System Sensor i3

In the Google Form I put (probably as expected, considering my profile name and picture) the Commander 3. Since I started seriously collecting about a year and a half ago, I have amassed a small, but diverse collection of 10 alarms from brands like Simplex, Wheelock, System Sensor, Gentex, and EST. Out of all of them, the Commander 3 is my favorite. It’s without a doubt the highest quality alarm in my collection, its default sound is unique, and as an added bonus for me personally, it’s rather quiet for a fire alarm. A close second would be my EST Integrity. It’s also high in quality and the sound it makes is really weird, which makes me like it even more!

LOL :lol: My System drives my parents nuts, too!

I have to agree that the Commander 3 does kill plenty of birds with one stone. You get a multi-tone device, with a chime tone (so you don’t go deaf) and the mounting bracket is simple to use and durable (major bonus for newbies). And while on this topic, I’d think my least favourite would be the EST genesis. They can’t mount to a 1900 box without a mud ring or trim plate, their piezo is deafening, and they’re kinda cheap. Their candela sliders are also prone to breaking (at least on the speaker/strobe models) and the remote strobe doesn’t even look remotely close to the speaker/strobe.

My favorite alarms include

Gentex GMS
Gentex Commander 2 and 3
Faraday FOS 6120
Simplex 4903-9221
System Sensor 2400
Wheelock 7002-24